My spouse took me to the Inn of the Spanish Garden in Santa Barbara for my birthday in December, three days before Christmas. He had taken me the year before and we both fell in love with the understated elegance of the hotel, our room, and the service. We stayed three days on both occasions, long enough that we were calling it home by the time we left.
The second trip was a total surprise and he had reserved the same suite as before. When we arrived we were welcomed back and everyone had birthday wishes for me as well as a card and comlimentary wine in the room when we got their. It was truly like coming home. Our room had a private balcony overlooking the pool and at night the fireplace was a wonderful and romantic treat. I loved the Molten Brown bath products and the soaking tub and the French Press coffee and all of the other detailed considerations that were made for our convenience and pleasure. If you like quality bed linens and towels this is the place for you. We were told that someone would bring a breakfast tray to our room but we preferred going down for the lovely continental buffet breakfast with the home-made quiche and muffins and made-to-order speacialty coffees. I had cappucino and fresh fruit and cereal and loved everything. The desk was very helpful and, even though we are familiar with Santa Barbara and the surrounding area, they gave us printed out directions to the nearby Chumash casino and the Seafood restuarant we had picked for my birthday. They were so friendly and helpful and personable that I almost forgot that they were staff. They treated us like close friends who were visiting and that's exactly how we felt. There were not many children staying when we were there, which was fine with us. We were looking for a quiet, romantic getaway and the Spanish Garden excels at providing that type of environment. Close enough to State Street to walk and far enough away to feel secluded and private. The free underground parking was also nice as parking in Santa Barbara is pretty scarce and most hotels charge guests up to $20.00 per night. All in all this place is well worth the price, considering all you get for your money.
We plan on making this an annual tradition during the holiday/birthday season. We left feeling pampered and speciaI and induldged. I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the jewel of luxury boutique Santa Barbara hotels. Spanish Garden Inn offers a sophisticated Spanish-Mediterranean inspired design, quality amenities and close attention to personal service. The hotel epitomizes the vitality of the City and honors its tradition by recreating the history, romance and intrigue of Spanish Colonial Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Spanish Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Spanish Garden Hotel Santa Barbara
- Hotel Of The Spanish Garden
- Of The Spanish Garden Hotel