“Worth the wait for a table!”
Review of Scarlett Begonia

Scarlett Begonia
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarlett Begonia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 529 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Street
Melbourne
“Worth the wait for a table!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The breakfast here today was fabulous! Worth the 40 minute wait. Service fantastic, let us have the dog with us & gave her a treat. Sampled us with some little treats from the menu too. Vibe was cool but vibrant. Would go again & recommend it!

Visited August 2013

Santa Barbara, California
“limited menu, confusing on options, service with attitude”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had heard a wonderful word of mouth review of this restaurant. I was really excited to dine here. The patio is beautiful and I loved the fountain, table decor, French milk bottles for water, etc. I also really loved my straw in the iced tea... my server was snappy. She was a blonde waitress, not sure of her snarly name. The menu looked very limited. She never explained I could order off of the other breakfast and dinner menus until after I ordered. By limited I mean about 5 or 6 options that were not well-described. I ordered the kale ceasar salad, and felt disappointed with ordering just a ceasar salad until it arrived... HOLY HELL, it was AMAZING!!! It was the BEST salad I have EVER had. I did squeeze out of the waitress, reluctantly that the kale was massaged to be softer. Seriously AMAZING. I had shrimp added to it... bliss!! When I paid the server refused to give me change. When I asked her she said it was inside. THen after I left over a 20% tip (WHY?????) I told her I left it inside by the computer. She snapped at me, "I got it" and ran off. Today was August 20. Even if that waitress was busy she should have manors. There was someone with a purse helping with people coming in, obviously an off-duty employee... she watched the waitress snap at me. The food was AMAZING and I would really like to go back, but because of the service, NO THANKS!!! I am not going to pay $39 for two salads, and not get change back on a $50 for terrible service (all I asked her for when I gave her the cash was $2 back). Snarky waitress will hinder me from return, but great food.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sandyslippas
Woodside, California
“Outstanding brunch!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I think you'd call this place a "shovel to fork" type spot - loads of farm fresh goodies. We had the heirloom tomato bloody mary - Made to order - wonderful!! I had the kale ceasar salad with a poached egg. That was one of the most amazing brunch meals I've ever head. The menu has a great variety, and they have healthy, happy choices for kids too. The restaurant is a it tucked back from the main road, but they have a lovely outdoor courtyard. This place is just a great find.

• Visited August 2013
Glendale, California, United States
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Scarlett Begonia is a charming cafe in a sweet little plaza off of State Street. The food was delicious - I had the French Toast topped with Mascarpone cheese, while my husband had eggs, sausage and a maple bacon biscuit (which I shared). That biscuit was divine - I am still dreaming about it. The little taste of homemade granola and yogurt we received before our breakfast was quite tasty as well. I thought the service was good. My only complaint is that this place doesn't open for breakfast until 9am (and that was on a Tuesday). I understand opening late on the weekends for brunch, but on a weekday, I think that is a bit late. 8am would be better.

• Visited July 2013
Nor Cal
“Great Food”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My wife and I stopped to have some breakfast and were seated in their lovely patio area. It is quite nice to sit outside on a beautiful day. I had the chilaquiles and she had the shrimp and grits. They were both great. I think the small bite we received was a nice touch too. It was some of their homemade granola with yogurt. All in all it was a great experience. The only drawbacks were the servers were not that attentive and seemed very casual. The other drawback is the price. The food is outstanding but the service and decor need to come up to the level of the price being asked after all that is the definition of value. Keep on improving and we will definitely come back.

• Visited June 2013