“Great location cute and modern boutique”

Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara
Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
GreenLeadersGold level
usa
“Great location cute and modern boutique”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Went memorial day weekend with my husband. The hotel is very clean and new which is extremely important to me. The front desk staff are very nice and extremely helpful the location is perfect you can walk to the urban wine trail, heart of state street as well as the wharf. The hotel also has a few nice common areas like the rooftop and library which is a must because the rooms are very small. The workout room is also very small but has what you need for a decent cardio workout. They report they will be getting a restaurant soon. The small rooms are the only downside to the hotel. This is probably the smallest room I've ever stayed in even smaller than rooms in Europe. Not alot of space for luggage and as the reviews mentioned the shower is literally right on the toilet. Despite the small room I probably would stay here again because of all of the other positive factors I mentioned and in Santa Barbra you really shouldn't spend too much time in your room. Just too much to experience and explore.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed the weekend of Sept. 14th, had a wonderful time. Very very clean hotel, the front desk staff was extremely helpful. THANK U Brandon, Dan, Frank and Amanda, u made our stay very enjoyable. The location was perfect, 2 blocks from the beach, and close to everything we enjoyed. Would stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Kay M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
We shared your excellent comments with the whole staff. Thank you!
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 18 September 2012

A few of my girl friends and I stayed the weekend at Hotel Indigo, its in a perfect location.. 2 blocks from the beach and 2 blocks from the downtown shopping area. The hotel was very clean, modernly decorated, very European, even though the rooms were a little small, they were cozy. The hotel served wine in the lobby in the evening, what a great touch! Frank at the front desk was awesome! He suggested restaurants and bars to us and was just overall very friendly. The room even had an outdoor patio which was great! Don't listen to the reviews about the train noise, in the 2 days we were there we only noticed the train pass through a few times during the day, not throughout the night. I couldn't ask for anything more. The room even had an outdoor patio which was great! I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms with patio are awesome!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
los angeles, ca
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We decided to take a mini-vacation in Santa Barbara for the long weekend with the family (2 adults, four-year-old, 11-month-old). We originally booked a king bed, but called the hotel and asked if they had any rooms with 2 doubles available. I thought we'd have to keep calling to check, but as promised, the hotel actually called back when a room opened up! The staff is wonderful and friendly. Our room was facing the train station, but it was actually not that bad. Both of the kids slept through the noise.

CONS:
-Floor was very dirty when we arrived. It's hardwood, so it just needs a good sweep/mop (I appreciated that it was hardwood and not carpeting though!)
-Though we did not mind, the room was very small. I think if we stay there again, I'd try to get the rooms that have a patio for a bit more space.
- Bathroom was adorable and very well thought out, but I really did miss having at least an enclosed shower. The toilet is blocked when someone is taking a shower and then afterwards, the whole room is wet. During one shower, the water started draining out of bathroom and into the room.

PROS:
- One block from the beach, geat food, bike/surrey rental!
- Lots of lovely touches like provided earplugs, wine, coffee, tea and filtered water in the lobby
- The cute communal patios (we liked the one with the big high bed) and the 2nd floor library
- Modern decor - platform beds, great furniture, lots of shelving (no closet)
- ART all over -- lobby, hallways, in each room
- next to the train station -- we thought it would be a noise problem, but it was fine. And my kids loved sitting on the bed and watching the trains go by.
- great prices

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My friend and I with our two dogs stayed at this hotel in August. It is conveniently located near the train station, Stearns Wharf, and more importantly, the wine tasting rooms. Very clean, we had a pretty small room, but it had a patio, and the bathroom was really rad ! Very European influence. When we checked in they had a goodie package for our dogs. We slept so well in the beds - the mattresses were fabulous - felt like you were in a cocoon! They will be opening a restaurant just next door and have outside seating, I believe by late Fall, so this will be one spectacular venue in which to stay! And if you don't go with your dogs, travel by train, and you can just walk to the hotel from the train station. Have fun !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Faith B
San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My wife and I took the train from San Luis Obispo for a weekend getaway, we wanted to avoid renting a car, so we needed a place to stay that was within walking distance of the downtown area and beach. We chose to stay at the Hotel Indigo and were pleasantly surprised. We were greeted by clean, nicely styled rooms, thoughtful decor, comfortable beds, helpful and friendly staff and not a bad price to boot! This hotel is not for everyone: large family's, people traveling with lots of stuff or someone looking for a five course room service meal, stay somewhere else. The downtown area, restaurants, shops and the beach are all well within a couple minutes walk, enjoy!

Pros:price, cleanliness, decor, helpful staff, environmental responsibility,
Cons: smaller rooms
Pro & Con: It is very close to the train station

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My friend and I each have a dog and we stayed three days at the Santa Barbara Hotel Indigo because it is dog friendly. We had a great patio outside of our room and when we checked in, we were each given a "doggie packet" with teats and advice/handouts on dog friendly restaurants in Santa Barbara. A quick walk to the train station provided a small park area and the beach is only a few blocks away. The hotel is very clean and the artwork is a plus as it is displayed throughout the hotel. In the lobby, there are art videos playing nonstop which were fascinating to watch and listen to...
My friend and I slept better then we have ever so when I got back to San Diego, I called the manager and now would like to buy the same mattress. Great stay! I highly recommend it!!!

Room Tip: The rooms with patios are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michele R
Thank you for your review. We love our pet pals here at the Hotel Indigo, and all the employees love seeing your best friends travel with you. It brightens our day!