Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$335
  • Breakfast included
West Beach Inn, a Coast Hotel(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$223
Very Good 4/5
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$161
US$351
US$334
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Presidio Motel(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$144
Very Good 4/5
Brisas Del Mar, Inn At The Beach(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$245
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Agave Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$133
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Beachside Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$171
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Castillo Inn at the Beach(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$170
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$228
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooms are smalltrain stationglass dooreuropean stylegarden patiostate streetthe urban wine trailmodern hotellocation is greatshower stallrailroad trackswithin walking distancesmall patioshort stayfirst floorwine tastingfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was my third stay at the Hotel Indigo and the staff and location are what bring me back. The rooms, while small, are comfortable and well appointed. The location is excellent with the Funk Zone and other restaurants a couple blocks away and the beach is also very close by. Yes, the passing trains can be annoying (there's ear plugs in the room!), but the 615a Amtrak provides a good wake up call! The one negative, at least this trip, was the value. With the parking fee of $14 and the already healthy nightly rate, I spent much more than I would elsewhere in SB. That said, if I can get a reasonable rate, I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Amanda L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Rgram,
We’re so happy to be your favorite place to stay in Santa Barbara; thank you for being such a great fan of the hotel and fabulous Funk Zone area! I appreciate your humor about the Amtrak as well. Please look on our website, www.indigosantabarbara.com for our Book Early&Save and California Saver specials. We would love to have you as our guest again, thank you for the review!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Had a delightful impromptu overnight stay here.

Friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating staff; free hotel bikes available for use; very clean and well appointed guest room; intimate setting with just a few rooms. Requested and received late checkout (2pm) with zero hassle.

Best location in town for a quick trip: you can catch the tram running up and down State Street, it's directly next to train station for easy transportation access, views of beach, walking distance to great cafes, shops, the wharf, beach, bike path and Santa Barbara landmarks.

Room Tip: Note re Sleep Quality: bed was very comfortable but if you are sensitive to trains, be advised that hotel is next to station and a late night train passing through could wake you. Try to get a room facing south.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Amanda L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for the wonderful review, taking the train is perfect for an impromptu car-free trip to Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara! Our staff was happy to point out the best local spots within walking/tram distance for your hassle-free visit. Thanks again, we hope to see you next time!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Loved this little boutique hotel - the rooms, though small, are well thought out and organized. Walking distance to the waterfront, train station and State Street shopping. The staff was friendly and welcoming - Thank you, William! We will definitely return. The restaurant below the hotel, The Blue Tavern, was awesome as well! Just can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CalPolyMom,

We’re happy you loved the boutique feel and ideal location of Hotel Indigo! William was especially pleased to be mentioned in this positive review. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next stay at the hotel and Blue Tavern!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We recently had the opportunity to spend a few days in Santa Barbara. Our travel agent booked us for 3 nights in the Hotel Indigo. It was fairly close to where we were working.
We arrived late at night and checked in fairly efficiently. The front desk person was very nice, but took a little bit of time to get 2 of us into our rooms (about 10 minutes).
I was shocked as I opened my door and found out how small my room was. I had just spent 3 weeks at the Coast Anabelle in Burbank, CA with a rather large room. Honestly, the bathroom at my Burbank hotel was larger than my room at the Indigo. No problem. I just had to figure out where to most effectively place my bags so as not to trip on them.
The bed was unbelievably comfortable with pillows that suited me.
The TV was nice (though dim, weird) and had lots of good TV channels. I only watched about 10 minutes of TV, but it was available.
The internet speed was constant and totally usable. Not blazing fast, but no problems and in working order.
The bathroom was small as well. They were pretty ingenious in fitting the shower into the small area. Basically butted right up against the toilet with a glass wall that swung out to protect the toilet. The toiletries offered were great, all Aveda products.
The sleep quality at the hotel is not great. The rooms are SUPER noisy. You can hear everyone in the adjacent rooms, hallway, and room above you. Also, I believe that the train drives right through the lobby (this is an unsubstantiated rumor started by me). The dead giveaway is that there are sets of earplugs left in your room every day. Never a good sign for a business traveler.
The room was very clean and kept that way.
The staff was all very nice and friendly.
The location is great. You are at the end of State Street and can walk to anywhere you need to go to in Santa Barbara. The pier is a mere block or two away.
If it weren't so noisy and small, I would have given it a solid 5 stars, green dots, whatever you call them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Amanda L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Jon,
I appreciate the detailed feedback you're provided regarding the design, service, and location of Hotel Indigo. Our historical building is from the early 1900s and contributes to the many unique quirks of the modernly designed boutique hotel opened in 2012. We are proud of our proximity to the train station and compact size of our rooms; the comfort of our guests is very important to us so we convey all these features through our website, reviews, and on the phone. I am sorry you were unaware of these facts before arrival. You’re right, our compact rooms do all have European style wet bathrooms which has conveniently allowed us a smaller ecological footprint and to be a certified ‘Green Engage’ hotel. Thank you again for your review and wonderful comments on the staff, cleanliness and great location.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were only there one night for an art opening at a local museum, but wished we could stay longer. This is a great little hotel situated close to the beach and the new wine bar district. Great service and the adjoining restaurant is run by one of our favorite chefs in L.A. The night we were there, they also had a guest bartender with some awesome drinks - which I needed to wash out the vegan stuff they served at the opening!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BrainDoc90,
Thank you for the great review of Hotel Indigo and delicious Blue Tavern! We’re glad you enjoyed your quick getaway to this fun area of Santa Barbara and look forward to your next visit!