“Great food, authentic. Maybe a little more flexible...”
Review of Cielito Restaurant

Cielito Restaurant
Ranked #112 of 536 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: W. Anapamu St.
Description: Cielito's vision is to bring the flavors of Latin American and Mexican inspired cuisine to our Santa Barbara community. The menu features freshly made "antojitos" (small cravings) which reflect Santa Barbara's local ingredients and seasonal produce. Cielito also offers a mouthwatering Tequila bar with enticing libations and innovative cocktails as well as a wide selection of Tequilas and Mezcals. The inviting rooms and gracious staff at Cielito reflect our mission to provide both Santa Barbara locals and visitors with an unparalleled and memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I'm Mexican, born and raised in Mexico and I am extremely picky when it comes to Mexican restaurants. Most of the times I'm disappointed as soon as I look at the menu (fajitas, u-shaped tacos, yellow cheese on anything, rice and beans served with everything, no thanks)

So I was hesitant to go to this one but as soon as I saw their menu I was happy. I had an amazing agua fresca to start, pineapple + cucumber, then we decided to try a little bit of everything and we were very happy. The food is creative but not to the point to make it unrecognizable, they have a great tortilla soup, great beans, their tacos al pastor are delicious, and we had a great ceviche with jicama and pineapple.

I would only suggest that they're a little more flexible with dinner options, we asked the server about the sopes, and she said those could be prepared only for dinner, but my brother in law had had those before for lunch and we couldn't understand why they couldn't make them again this time.

Our server was fantastic too.

1  Thank aairal
There are newer reviews for Cielito Restaurant

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were looking for a nice place to eat on the fly. Did not do any research. It was Fiesta and crowded in Santa Barbara but we were passing through on our way to a wedding further north. We were lucky to come upon the inner courtyard where Cielito Restaurant is found. We did not have a reservation but were seated out in the patio by the fountain. We ordered the yellowfin ceviche, kale salad and octopus. They were all incredibly fresh and surprising with the mixture of flavors! Service was friendly and fun. Would definitely return if I have the chance!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a fun restaurant with great food and excellent Margaritas! Went here for lunch with girlfriends and we all enjoyed our food and the ambience. I had vegetarian tacos and they were delish. Like the location just off State in a quaint alley.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner and the service was fantastic. They made a menu for us which we all could share. The kids and us enjoyed the meal Andy the good atmosphere!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived at Happy Hour time which was fortuitous. Only wanted a snack so apart from some beers we tucked into some of the snacks offered on their Happy Hour menu. Fresh flavours, very tasty. The place sits under cover in a shopping area beside a fountain with large terrapins in it. It was busy, had a long bar indoors and clean toilets. If in Santa Barbara again we would go back.