“Check in and use the nice Hyatt facilities a couple of minutes away, but sleep in a smelly, low scale and outdated room at the P”

Santa Barbara House by Hyatt
Ranked #48 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

Spent two nights in lovely Santa Barbara. Paid about $200 plus tax at the Parkside. This was overly expensive for what you get. It was nice to be able to use the Hyatt facilities, but still... I don't really understand why Hyatt wants to manage such a facility and not make any more out of it to keep their reputation. This was not a good experience and I would not stay at the Parkside again.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 1 July 2012

For an expensive area this 'hotel' offers good value. Room was hot, or cold, not climate controlled. Location was reasonable, out post of the Hyatt, as mentioned elsewhere, but no problem with that, all friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Leighann Y, Reservations Coordinator at Santa Barbara House by Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your visit with us. I apologize for the air control issues; I have alerted our maintenance team with this matter. I’m so happy to hear our staff was friendly and helpful, we truly care that each and every guest enjoys their stay with us so please come visit us again!

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I found the Parkside to be just what I was looking for! I was coming home for a visit with some dear friends and it felt like home. The room was clean, well maintained and comfortable. I would recommend it to my friends and family and I will be back.
My only complaint was the room service food was a little cold by the time I got it. As long as I had coffee, I was happy~
Great job and thank you for the wonderful service~

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Santa Barbara is an expensive place to stay. I chose the Parkside Inn for price. Turns out the Parkside Inn is a long neighborhood block from the Hyatt and is run from there. It is near the railroad tracks and across from a playground (park). We did not hear the train during the night but did during the day. Formerly a 2-story motel with ~20 rooms, the Parkside has 3 or 4 steps to navigate to get to the elevator. Room was small. It is serviced by Hyatt room service and maids. I tried to phone three times prior to arrival, kept getting Hyatt. Neither the reservation nor general operator at Hyatt understood Hyatt's connection to the Parkside. We just stayed one night. It was fine considering how much more other properties wanted.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We enjoyed a great stay at the Parkside Inn during my niece's wedding over Memorial Day weekend. We had booked the hotel 6 months prior and got a great rate, half of the going rate if we had waited. And this was a cancellable one. The hotel is managed by the nearby and more expensive Hyatt where you check in and can use their facilities. The Parkside is a few blocks away, a bit hidden off the street. No fee parking is available, though the lot is small. Rooms were nicely laid out. Mine had two queen beds, a small frig and microwave, as well as a coffeemaker. I requested to be on the second floor, facing away from the front. The train tracks aren't far away and the sound is audible. I always bring earplugs with me no matter where I go, so suggest some for this place. Furnishings were fresh and bed very comfortable. The light over the vanity area malfunctioned, and after contacting the front desk, maintenance was there shortly and took care of the problem.The toiletries provided were very nice. Housekeeping tended to come by earlier in the morning, so either leave the Do Not Disturb sign out or be ready to answer the knocking on the door. Though a long walk from State Street, the 25 cent shuttle has a stop close by, so that worked out really well for us.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank af3
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Excellent value! We call this a great Hyatt experience on a budget. The check-in/-out at the Hyatt (just a short walk away) was easy, the staff very professional, friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious, comfortable, very clean, with good quality furniture and very comfy beds. We appreciated the fridge, microwave, coffee maker, great toiletries and free wifi. It was also great having access to the pool & gym at the Hyatt. The hotel is located in a quiet area, just a short walk from the beach. We highly recommend the Parkside Inn in Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We were a little skeptical when we arrived-- the hotel looked a little run down from the outside, and there is no front desk-- you have to check in at the Hyatt a few blocks away. The hallway and elevator are a bit dingy, but the room was actually quite comfortable. There were actually two rooms-- a bedroom then a sitting room with a TV, sofa, and table. The bedding was very nice, and we actually quite enjoyed our stay. We had a good price and it was only a few blocks from the water, so we can't complain :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple