“Great on a budget”

Santa Barbara House by Hyatt
Ranked #48 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Showed up late at night and got a price direct, do yourself a favour use the wifi and book it online we saved ourselves about $40 doing this.
Literally was just here to sleep and checked out early the next morning but it was clean and quiet located about 5 minutes from the Main Street. Also a good thing to know is check in is at the Hyatt around the corner, that's also where the wifi is not in your room.

Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was about to throw down serious cash to stay at the Fess Parker or even just sort of pricey hotel like East Beach. Then I thought let's give the Parkside a go. Checked in today and an pleased! Good value.... no view but don't care personally, we face the park so it isn't dismal. Easy parking and fast car to room commute. Clean, smells neutral, spacious room, bonus perk of Hyatt amenities. I'd say the hotel has been given serious TCL since the negative reviews. I'll update after our stay if I'm compelled but so far I'm super happy. Just a note to those sensitive to such things... it's close to the train tracks and you hear it, maybe feel it too but I find it somewhat soothing personally.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I dont normally write reviews on here but was on here looking for things to do while we are in Santa Barbara & as I sit on one of the comfiest hotel beds Ive ever encountered I felt compelled to share the wealth. I looked online for an inexpensive hotel & found this was the cheapest at $83 ($113 with taxes) & expected it to be junk but was pleasantly surprised to learn we have access to the amenities at one the Hyatt up the street which includes the pool & free breakfast. I have free wifi, some not bad room coffee & the comfiest beds around. The room isnt modern by any means but it feels clean which is important to me...im not afraid to walk barefoot round my room like I am in other hotels. It appears they wash everything on the bed because its a down comforter sandwiched between some awesome sheets (not like other hotels where they just wash the sheets & you have a dirty comforter on your bed still). We walked to the beach in less then 5 min from our room & enjoyed a gorgeous sunset. The only downside is no front desk here at the hotel which the only reason I would have wanted one was to ask for fresh towels so we could have some extras for the beach but I plan on grabbing a couple from the pool tomorrow, so I guess its not that bad! Stay here : )

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AshleyDellinger
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is part of the Hyatt so you have to check in there, but this hotel is only 100 yards or so around the corner. You can use all the Hyatt facilities though, so that's nice. Our room had a king bed, a flat screen TV, and a small patio (sat 2 people comfortably). The only view from the hotel is of the park (mainly soccer fields), but our room was on the back side and so we had a nice white wall to look at. In a way that was actually peaceful because it was quiet and cool. The bed was very comfortable but the room overall was a little cramped. Small, adequate bathroom but almost no counter space. The room had a fridge and the other standard stuff. For the price, it was average, but overall it was enjoyable. Certainly 90% of the Hyatt experience (minus the ocean views) for 50% of the price or so.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We opted for this "sister" property to the Hyatt Santa Barbara since the price was so much lower. The Parkside Inn is in a quiet neighborhood about a block away from the Hyatt Santa Barbara which is across the street from a gorgeous beach. The hotel room was smallish but clean and adequate and very quiet. We had a refrigerator and coffee maker. The Hyatt has an onsite restaurant and bar with good food and a great happy hour. The staff were exceptionally friendly, attentive and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Spacious Inn. Apartment style layout small living room separate bed and bathroom. It was clean on the surface but not deep cleaned found hair behind the mattress and on arrival there was some silverfish bug on the mattress underneath the welcome pamphlet. Freaked me out..that's how I found the hair behind the pillows on ths box spring. Other than that it was annoying to check in at the Hyatt. But it was also a great area quiet stay spacious room friendly staff.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This is a separate building that is part of the Hyatt Santa Barbara which makes it nice as they permit you to use their pool, spa and workout facilities, all of which are nice! The only drawback is the main hotel is about a block away so you have to walk to go to the pool/spa.The spa could have been a little warmer and they pool attendant needs to make sure there are enough towels for guests. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. Everything worked just fine and the Internet was fast & reliable. Fairly quiet location (although there are train tracks about a block away and you can hear the train horn once and a while). Overall, this is nice hotel that is well maintained and close to the beach!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business