“scared of killer”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Las Vegas
“scared of killer”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Friends and I were starving and ducked into this restaurant because seats were available. Friendly service, good food, but we stayed away from the "killer shrimp." If I were brave enough I would have tried it. But had the clam chowder and wedge mango salad...very good.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Jo Ann F

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, staff clearly eager to please”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Having read the reviews below it is apparent that this is a new restaurant. This is not a surprise, it felt like it (in a good way).

We went there for dinner during the week in mid-September. It was not what I expected - this is a bar which serves food, I thought it was a restaurant. Anyway, we were greeted by the manager who was incredibly positive and friendly. The waitress was lovely, and very enthusiastic about the menu. I had sliders to start. Very good, although they were all the same. Lack of attention to the menu on my part really, but I would have expected 3 different ones. Not that it really mattered, they were good.

For the main course I had filet mignon, my girlfriend had the scallops with a lobster tail on the side. The food was really good, and great value. Nothing particularly inspirational, but very well exceuted food. My girlfriend also had the sweet potato pecan pie. She loved it. It tasted unusual to me, but not in an unpleasant way. With drinks and service, it came to just over $100. Great value for such good food. I'd happily go back there.

One final comment: the service was incredibly attentive, the staff and the manager are clearly determined to do as good a job as possible. I also suspect they read these reviews. I can see that others have complained that the service was slow. I don't remember it being particularly slow, but then our experience of dinner in the US is that it seems to take about an hour to have a three-course meal, whereas in Europe I would expect it to take 2 hours. 20 minutes between courses is actually a welcome break to me, not slow. Anyway, the staff and manager came across on a number of occasions to tell us how long the food was going to be, so I suspect they are sensitive to the comments regarding the speed at which food comes out. They also came across a lot of times to check we were OK with our food. What this meant was that in addition to taking orders and bringing out food, we had maybe 6 or 7 times when the staff or manager would drop by to check on us. We felt very well looked after, but really they could tone it down a bit and it would be better. Obviously come and check that we are OK a few minutes after bringing the food out, and come across to take orders if glasses run empty, but other than that I would rather be left alone. I don't want this to sound critical because the staff and the manager in particular were genuinely friendly and eager that we enjoyed our meal, which we did - it's just some constructive feedback. We had a great time and I really hope this place becomes a success so we can visit again when we are next in the area.

• Visited September 2013
Santa Barbara, California
“Killer Shrimp: Please don't die.”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

After my second visit here, I just couldn't go without leaving a much needed review, not in hopes of waring people off, but to hopefully give the restaurant some much needed constructive criticism. Our visit started out with a lovely hostess seating us inside on a warm summer day. There were two of us dining that afternoon and saw it fitting to order off the lunch special menu. I ordered the Mahi filet that supposedly came with a jalapeno slaw. Not being a huge fan of coleslaw, i asked the waitress how the slaw came: was it on the filet? or on the side? She then starting to describe the slaw being on the inside of the Mahi fish sandwich that i apparently was ordering. she then had to run off and find out that it wasn't actually a sandwich...and that the slaw came on the side. I decided to stay true to my love of fish and stuck with the Mahi filet. My acquaintance ordered the ahi Poke appetizer to enjoy as his lunch entree, seeing that he wasn't very hungry.
About 8-10 minutes went past before the food runner graciously set the poke in front of my friend. One thing was for sure, that ahi poke looked so good as we sat and stared at it for 10 minutes before my entree arrived. (thanks to my friend for being polite and waiting for my food to arrive). As my slab of fish was set in front of me, the food runner apologized for sending out the ahi poke first and walked away without asking if there was anything else he could grab for us, etc (standard procedure in the restaurant industry I feel). Regardless of the inexperienced service, the food was decent; nothing to rave about though. I still enjoyed my undressed plain piece of fish and although not as advertised on the menu, the jalapeno-less cole slaw was not put to waste .

A restaurant on state with huge potential...WIll it go to waste?

• Visited September 2013
Kaneohe, Hawaii, USA
“Ok not great”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The shrimp was okay. Not very tasty being that the shrimp comes in a broth. The broth was tasty but its thin so it does not stick to the shrimp. The clam chowder was too pasty for my liking. Grilled Caesar salad was decent. The space is large with a large bar. I think it's a better place to have drinks at.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great overall experience”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We came across this as it was close to our hotel, and were pleasantly surprised. The filet mignon was v reasonably priced, and cooked perfectly (every other steak I've had in the US has been over). The shrimp that my husband had were good ( shell on so still juicy) and our half dozen oyster starter at 10 dollars was very fresh. Waitress was new so a little bit slower than you might expect but in fairness the manager actually gave us the pecan sweet pie complimentary as we had a 10 min wait. She was really nice and apologetic as she had not placed the order for dessert straight away. Fairs fair and for the price it is great. Wine menu good value too.

• Visited August 2013