“Festive and Delicious”

Ranked #17 of 531 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Established in 1985, The Palace Grill is a Santa Barbara landmark restaurant featuring authentic New Orleans-inspired cuisine and a fun, lively atmosphere. Winner of The Santa Barbara's Independent Reader's Poll for "Best Restaurant Service". Located in Santa Barbara's charming Old Town district, The Palace Grill has something for everyone. Our menu features a wide range of contemporary American Grill items with a focus on authentic Southern and Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffee, New Orleans Bar-B-Que Shrimp, Blackened Filet Mignon, and delicious daily "Menu Additions". In addition we have a number of exciting Caribbean dishes and a line of Creole-Italian pastas. To insure that we remain authentic, the Palace routinely flies its staff to New Orleans to experience first-hand the magical quality of the city that has inspired the spirit of the Palace Grill. The Palace has been featured in dozens of national publications including Gourmet(R) Magazine, Bon Appetit(R) and USA TODAY(R). Throughout the years, The Palace has also been a favorite of culinary legends (including chef Julia Child and chef Wolfgang Puck) and has served its cuisine to countless global dignitaries - including 5 U. S. Presidents. At the Palace Grill, everyone shares one goal: to give our guests the most extraordinary dining experience possible: every time they visit. Besides our wonderful cuisine, The Palace is known for it's unique style of "Team Service" (which the Nation's Restaurant News called "an idea whose time has come") and our nostalgic nightly staff and guest Sing-A-Long to Louis Armstrong's iconic song - "What A Wonderful World." Come join the celebration known as "The Palace Grill Experience."
Los Angeles, California
“Festive and Delicious”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place was packed with people who all appeared to be having a good time. Of course we had to go in. My boyfriend and I were seated quickly and got service in no time. We each ordered wine, which was good and reasonably priced. I had the jambalaya and he had the veal medallions. Both were super delicious. I recommend going with someone who likes to share! It was about $70 for both of us (no desserts or special sides, no including tip). At one point in the night, the place broke out into song. Not recommended for people looking for a quiet evening. The Palace has a different, more jovial experience to offer.

• Visited July 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Different and delicious”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Initially, I was a little leery as this restaurant was selected by a friend and I'm a vegetarian. However, I'm so happy I came. First of all, the atmosphere is incredible. I came on a Wednesday night and it was packed, but luckily we were able to be seated quickly. The walls were covered in unique decor and there were playing cards on the ceiling from the Friday night magic shows. First, we were brought a basket of mini muffins in a variety of flavors. They were to die for! I considered purchasing the recipe, which they have for sale. I ordered a vegetarian pasta dish which was enormous and delicious. I couldn't finish. My friends got the chicken Marsala and couldn't finish theirs either, though not for lack of trying. At the end, there was a fun and cute activity which I will leave as a surprise. But you don't wanna miss this restaurant. A bit pricey, but not more than usual in Santa Barbara

“Fun place for the family”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This place is just a lot of fun. They serve up pretty good Cajun cuisine, but the experience you get here is worth a stop in. The gumbo is really good, as is a lot of the seafood that they serve. I also always enjoyed the Chicken Tchoupitoulas-something you won't find many places in California. I would avoid the Cajun Martini however, as it let me down each time I gave it another change. If you catch it at the right time, there will be a sing-along to Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World", which was always a lot of fun. The art is really cool and the vibe in there is really fun. It's a great place for families to stop in on your way through Santa Barbara.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mike O
DC
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Loved it here! had a very nice time and enjoyed the night life w/ several great exotic drinks~will def. come back to the "Palace" when on the West Coast.....

• Visited August 2013
Belmar, NJ
“disappointed at lunch”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The waitresses were very attentive and fun and the ambiance was true to New Orleans. However, I cannot endorse the lunch menu. I ordered an oyster po boy as it is a favorite of mine from many visits to New Orleans. (Including two brunches at the original Palace Grill. I had to send the sandwich back as I had difficulty finding oysters in it. Upon opening this cabbage filled sandwich, I was able to locate 4 thumbnail sized oysters (including breading). The waitress explained that oysters are very expensive right now. Not! She offered to replace the meal so I ordered the softshell crab po boy. Same issue! One extra tiny crab was discovered to the rear of the sandwich. I'm not sure it is even legal to take a crab that small. At least in NJ it isn't. These meals are not prepared in the spirit of New Orleans. The kitchen needs to get up to speed. Locals tell me the drinks are good but I was driving to LA after lunch.

• Visited June 2014