“Delicious and varied menu”

Santa Barbara FisHouse
Ranked #21 of 534 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Delicious and varied menu”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This lively spot directly across from the beach offers great food and reasonable prices. The staff was attentive and accommodating and the food was really good. We enjoyed a late lunch and I'd go back. Santa Barbara FisHouse is a keeper.

Visited April 2014

• Thai first
Newark, California
“Pretty Good Food”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

If you want to eat at this place in the evening, get there early. It fills up. The prices are a bit much but the food quality, attentiveness, and amount is well worth the effort. Parking can be interesting so plan ahead.

Visited April 2014
Santa Barbara, California
“Enjoy the treasures of the sea in a lovely spot.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have reviewed this place before but it is worth more comment. Lynda and I just enjoyed another great meal there accompanied by a delicious wine and wonderful old fashioned bread.
Lynda enjoyed one of her favorites, oysters Rockefeller. She had about 8 large half/shell oysters on a large plate. They were each covered in a special vegetable sauce which was delightful. My first dish was fried scallops which just melted in the mouth. There were 6 or 8 of them and I wished it was a dozen. This was followed by a dish of chopped sea food which was perfectly prepared. Between the wine and the food we just floated home in a magical state of mind.

• Visited April 2014
Pacifica, California
“good food, strange service”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

our hostess seated us on the front patio and had to move us since the table had been reserved for someone else. no big deal to move but she should have known this.

we were still outside which is a treat when i come from northern california and can't eat outside often.

our server was not very knowledgeable about the wine list and couldn't talk about certain dishes since she was lactose intolerant. even if she can't try them, she should be able to share some words about the taste, etc.

my linguini and clams was really good but was too large to eat in one sitting. the mud pie dessert was tasty but also too big.

our server brought our check as we were eating dessert which is a huge no no in my book. we were still eating and she asked if she could close us out. my friend said "we aren't done" and was a lot nicer than i would have been at that point... two servers, neither of which was ours, were hovering on the patio waiting to close out our bill. what the hell? it was ONLY 930pm on a Thursday night.

i'd probably go back. maybe...

Visited March 2014
Orange, California
“Good spot for couples”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Fell into this place for lunch with my husband and daughter who is a toddler. The options were good, just a bit on the pricey side. Coconut mojito - Good, Coconut Shrimp - OK, I wouldn't order again. The fish and chips looked good we didn't order that though. Not really a place to bring a child, too much on the pricey side. Sole meal - was good.

I might return but for the price I am sure there are other options.

Visited March 2014