Location: Good location across from the docks and an easy walk along the beachfront.
Price: More reasonable than other waterfront places.
Room: Got a room facing the pool which was tiny and noisy. Half the size, and a similar style, of a room at Motel 6 but twice the price. Bathroom and shower were very small. A microwave and fridge are in the room. Bed was comfortable.
Breakfast: Better than most "continentals" but quite limited with options (and yes the egg/cheese dish looked disgusting but tasted ok). They could make a few simple easy changes to make breakfast a better experience.
Staff: Front desk staff were TERRIFIC (except for the one Caucasian man who was yelling at an employee late in the evening...he didn't hear me walk up to the front desk. I'm Caucasian and found it embarrassing. The young man being yelled at was exceptionally pleasant to me and my colleagues earlier in the evening. I'm not sure if it was a supervisor or another employee...but no one should be treated this way.)
My room on the first floor next to the pool was way too small, a limited value compared to the cost, breakfast was quite marginal, and (in the end) an employee (supervisor?) talking very disrespectfully to another employee (who was GREAT to the customers) was just not OK for me. I'll try a different location next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Beachside Inn, perfectly located just across the street and a few minutes walking distance from the harbor, pier and beaches of Santa Barbara. From our fantastic location, you can also enjoy a beautiful walk to "downtown" Santa Barbara, and experience all our world class dining and shopping. And to make life even easier, the Santa Barbara beachfront/downtown electric shuttle is available at our front door if you're planning to have an even more relaxing day while visiting. Our 60 room hotel will be sure to offer you the quaint charm, which represents Santa Barbara's essence. But we also offer some of the most modern conveniences. From our very hi-speed internet, to a fabulous continental breakfast and the latest in air conditioning / heating systems, we are all confident you will have a memorable visit here in Santa Barbara all handled by our fabulous staff.We look forward to welcoming all of you to our wonderful littleescape by the sea in beautiful Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Beachside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Beachside Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western