“Pizza at the Beach!!”

Ranked #400 of 528 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: Feast your eyes on our homemade garlic cheese bread, cheesy mozzarella sticks, buffalo style chicken wings, jalapeno poppers, and crisp garden salads. Delicious! Sink your fork into homemade specialties like our lasagna, flavor-packed ravioli, and spaghetti. Offering fresh beers on tap, we're happy to fill your cold glass with a frothy brew while you eagerly wait for the arrival of your piping hot thin or thick crust pizza. Feel free to add your favorite toppings and create your own pizza pie with our fresh ingredients, full of taste and joy. The best businesses are run with consistency and quality by passing down only the best recipes and traditions through the family, and that's exactly what we have done here at Giovanni's. Let our Family cook you a great Italian meal or pizza!
Santa Barbara, California
“Pizza at the Beach!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

While I am a big fan of the original Giovanni's on Upper State I just had my first opportunity to visit their newest location up on the Mesa (off of Cliff Drive) and I have to say I'm extremely impressed. Both indoor and outdoor seating with plenty of TV's to watch just about any sporting event going on! The staff is extremely helpful and the pizza is the same high standard I have come to expect from the Upper State location.

• Visited September 2013

Winston Salem, NC USA
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We got a pizza here at the recommendation of friends. It was okay. It was expensive, which should have made it better than okay, but still... it was okay. It took about 45 minutes for it to come out (and they weren't busy), but still... it was okay.

• Visited August 2013
Bakersfield, California
“Good Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

If you're into fine china and lace table clothes, you will have to find another restaurant to go to. If you like great pizza and wonderful lasagna- what my friend and I had, then you want to check this place out. It seemed mostly a local's place- with a lot of to go orders being picked up. Great staff, great food and reasonable prices.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“If you like east coast style pizza- this is the one for you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We kept coming back to this place, the pizza is just amazing. I would say it is more east-coast style than Italian style, but after you have one taste you will keep coming back.
The venue is a bit small, with a small bar but it gives it a favorable intimate feel.
If I am in Santa Barbara again, I will go out of my way to visit this place again, oh, and the kids loved this pizza as well!

• Visited December 2012
lahaina, maui, hi.
“giovanni's is some of the best in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

I"ve eaten a the carpinteria location many times, have ordered take out from the upper state location. but this time we ordered take out from the mesa location.
We order a large combo and and large hawaiian style .......it was enjoyed by all
no it's not NYC pizza nor chicago style deep dish but they are generous with the toppings and the crust is good, to be honest I"ve been to some of the famous NYC pizza places, although most have been good, a lot of it is hype and usually a long wait to enjoy the hype.
the salads are large enough to share with others and their service is good,
to dine in the places are a mixed bag, typical pizza joint picnic tables, etc.

• Visited October 2012