Kimpton Canary Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Spanish Garden Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)
Presidio Motel(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Simpson House Inn(Santa Barbara)
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)
  • Restaurant
1,133 results
All reviewsrooftop poolfinch and forkfour poster bedstate streetwine houroutdoor fireplacedowntown santa barbaracomplimentary winebeautiful hoteldog friendly hotelhardwood floorsvalet staffupgraded to a suiteour honeymoonshops and restaurantshot tubmorning coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Canary is such a beautiful, cozy hotel. It is beautifully decorated, large rooms with canopy beds. The roof top with the pool, hot tub and fireplace overlooking the mountains in one direction and the beach in another. Every day from 5 to 6pm there is free wine in the quaint lobby. the bar and restaurant was also excellent. Just a great place to stay.!!!!

Room Tip: When asked if we could get a break on the valet fee ($25. per day) the man could not but upgraded our room two levels...so just ask you never know!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay at the Canary Hotel Santa Barbara! Outstanding service from the front door to the late night dinner! With my girlfriends for my sons wedding! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Santa Barbara!!
Thank you Canary for the epic experience...

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My spouse and I spent a weekend in California and our first stop was the Canary Hotel. Since I am an Inner Circle member with Kimpton's loyalty program, I was able to experience this night for free under their "new hotels" perks. The free stay also included a $50 dining credit that we could use at their in-house restaurant (Finch and Fork). First off, the location is great - only a minute or so from the main freeway right in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. There is valet parking at the hotel for a fee, but we chose to park on the street for free a block away. We were given a nice JR suite upgrade at check in and a delicious welcome amenity of red-velvet cupcakes. The restaurant was delicious and all of the staff were fantastic and friendly. The bed in the room was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in (I travel about 70-80 nights a year in hotels)! You can walk to many shops and restaurants from the hotel and they have a partnership with the full-service gym next door for a great workout. Next time I am in town I won't hesitate to stay with Kimpton again at the Canary!

Room Tip: As for a goldfish if you're lonely - :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We went to Santa Barbara to celebrate the end of a long medical journey, opting for the Canary because Kimpton has always met my desire for unique, intimate and interesting hotels. The Canary set a new standard for excellence: a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and welcoming staff, a great location, a stunning room, great views and oh, that rooftop deck! I stay at Kimptons because they value quality and service; the staff of the Canary exemplified -- and exceeded-- Kimpton's standards. I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a short two night stay and should have extended at least one more night. Was here for our anniversary and couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Spanish colonial meets hip and trendy. Rooftop pool and jacuzzi with a wonderful view of the Santa Inez mountains and ocean views. Complimentary wine hour! Too much to do in so little time.

• Stayed: September 2013