Kimpton Canary Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Spanish Garden Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)
Presidio Motel(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Simpson House Inn(Santa Barbara)
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)
  • Restaurant
1,133 results
All reviewsrooftop poolfinch and forkfour poster bedstate streetwine houroutdoor fireplacedowntown santa barbaracomplimentary winebeautiful hoteldog friendly hotelhardwood floorsvalet staffupgraded to a suiteour honeymoonshops and restaurantshot tubmorning coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Celebrated our anniversary with a trip down to Santa Barbara from San Jose. Read the reviews and decided to go due to location and high reviews for service. From the valet and front desk to room service and everyone in between the Canary staff exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed breakfast served poolside on their 6th floor pool/patio with the wonderful Santa Barbara weather and views of the hills. Great location 1/2 block from State St (The main street in downtown Santa Barbara). Special thanks to Miles at the front desk who made our anniversary prefect with a warm welcome at registration, an upgraded room and a bottle of champagne. If you're looking for a quality hotel that gets hospitality in a happening location I highly recommend Canary.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Hotel is in a perfect location, everything in Santa Barbara worth seeing was in walking distance. The rooms were romantic and very relaxing! I can't wait to return! I loved the spacious bathrooms and the rooftop pool. Room service was also really great here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy H
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I and our 3 years old Pugle, Zoe, come here often.

The Canary is in a very convenient area of downtown Santa Barbara. Very close to the shopping mall, a walk to the wharf, a ride to the Mission.

A very dog friendly hotel with great smiling staff. At the Reception there is a dog who is on duty....lol. So cute.

Rooms are dreamy. However, I have sensitivity to cleaning products. There are times when we check in, the smell lingers on through our stay. So we struggle whether to stay here or not.

We are not enthused with their breakfast choices. Dinner is ok; not the best.

Guests are rewarded with a magnificent view from the rooftop.

In general, I recommend The Canary.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed at the Canary for one night and absolutely loved it. The rooftop pool is calming and has amazing views. The room is beautiful, high bed, the bathroom is spacious and charming. The whole room is charming. There are many amenities throughout the room, everything you might need is there. It's easy to walk from the hotel to all the best places in Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LuaA1982
Ian M, Manager at Kimpton Canary Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I was just in a meeting last week where we were discussing our beds, and they are pretty great. I know we are partial to them, but they really are and we are glad you enjoyed them. Thank you so much for the great review and next time you come and stay with us I can share the Canary secret on how we make them so comfortable!

~Ian Robert McClendon
Director of Rooms
ian.mcclendon@canarysantabarbara.com

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed at The Canary for the second time and it was just as great as the first time. This is perhaps one of my favorite hotels anywhere. The Service here is hands down as good as it gets. Everyone is so friendly and accommodating. The hotel is basically located right on State Street with easy walking distance to anything. I would recommend taking some of the free bikes down to the beach though instead of walking. The hotel is setup so nicely. The rooftop pool is just awesome and the views are incredible. The layout of the whole roof is perfect with a great sitting area with a fireplace. The rooms are so nice and I wish I could bring the bed home with me. The free coffee bar in the morning is such a great perk...and the coffee is amazing. Can't say enough great things about this hotel and will never stay anywhere else when visiting Santa Barbara. Looking forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

we just absolutely love to hear about experiences like this. Kimpton is all about creating unique, local, and idividualized experienced. It seems that we provided all the things necessary to have an excellent trip and we are glad your stay was enjoyable. Hopefully you will be back soon and often!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

~Ian Robert McClendon