“BEST SUSHI IN SB!”

Ahi Sushi
Ranked #425 of 570 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I can't even, so good. Chef Ken-san is a genius in the kitchen, and they have the freshest most delicious sushi I've tasted in SB. If you want a dining experience like Arigato, without the high tone attitude, then Ahi is the place for you! I absolutely love it. A must every time I am in SB. Monday nights offer a special menu and deals! Just writing this makes me want to eat at Ahi.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

First and last time at this restaurant. Got seated immediately and they had only one guy waiting the entire restaurant. It was half full. He literally was running from table to kitchen. We did not get our dinner order in for at least 45 minutes. They brought a bowl of udon noodles instead of the ramen that was ordered. Shouldn't they be able to know the difference? They did bring the ramen and charged us for both items on the bill. A new glass of wine got knocked over immediately which they charged us for. The waiter was nice, but over worked for sure. The food was just average, not worth going back.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

Use to be one of our favorite places. Arrived around 8:15 on a Thursday night. New menu with way, way too many foo foo rolls. One sushi chef, fish in the case looked very tired. Sushi served without wasabi. (Had to come from kitchen) Ordered teriyaki chicken, looked attractive but dry and over cooked. Yanikuni beef however was excellent.

Around 9:15 while we were still eating at the sushi bar, a guy came out with a mop and started mopping the floor of the sushi bar. One waitress was running a floor sweeper in back and another was wiping the menus with a rag and disinfectant near the front door.

Service was very uneven.

Lovely, just lovely. Needs work to restore it to its former glory.

Reviewed 12 March 2015 via mobile

The sushi is very good. Best quality I've had in a long time. The outside of the restaurant looks like a total dive. It's right next to a Donut Shop. But it's really worth trying once. Very expensive though. You pay for the good fish. Not great for families. I recommend go with a date or friends.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

I went Ahi Sushi with my boyfriend as the reviews I read were fairly decent. When we arrived, I was unimpressed by the decor but I wasn't going to judge a book by its cover. We were told to pick any table so I chose a table in the back. We immedialy received numerous confusing menu's.

After more than ten minutes, a very nice young lady took our drink order but she was not our server. We were starving so we asked her to bring us miso soup while we waited to order.

Several groups of people entered the restaurant, sat down and ordered. Our server still had not come by to take our order. Finally, the young lady took our order - we ordered three roles and a hand roll.

Everyone around us had received their meals but we were still meal-less and hungry. I was just about ready to eat the old band-aid that was on the floor next to my chair. Finally, my boyfriend received his hand roll. About 10 minutes later, the server asks us if we received all of our rolls and we told him that we had not received them while everyone else is finishing their meals.

Another ten minutes goes by and the band-aid was looking for appealing. Finally, we received two of the three rolls. It was so salty I couldn't eat it. I realized that the soy sauces with the green lid, an indication of low sodium soy sauce, was nothing more than brown tinted ocean water. I continued on without it.

The server came by to make sure we has received our full order. I said that I did not get the rainbow roll; he said it was coming. Another ten to fifteen minutes goes by and no rainbow roll. The server again asks if we received everything. I said that I never got the rainbow roll however, I told him that I no longer wanted it. My boyfriend said that we just wanted to leave to and to bring us our bill.

We finally got to escape the horror of this "restaurant" and the old band-aid on the floor. That will be one meal and an hour of my life that I will never get back.