“Great Food, but.....”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had dinner at Aldo's with some friends about 3 weeks ago. The food was excellent ( scallops, Oso bucco, salmon). The dinners were very tasty and fresh (I.e. Not the same old spices and seasonings)!!! Something different and wonderful. The only bad note was the restaurant "policy". One of our guests asked about their substitution policy prior to ordering for dietary reasons. The response from the waitress was "our policy is you can have whatever you want, as long as you pay for it". This response stunned all of us. Management needs to find a better way of approaching this question! Notwithstanding the great food, it will be quite some time before we return!

There are newer reviews for Aldo's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The ambiance was nice enough. Yes, there's an outdoor patio..though cramped and our table by the register was not so desireable. I understand that space is at a premium and they have to maximize the seating area. I don't fault them for that. The portions were normal, not the gigantic Cheesecake Factory sized, and I strangely liked that they were 'normal'. My Chicken Marsala, was good, not over spiced. Wine is served in small wine glasses, which I was not as excited about. The meals were on a pricier side of what they should have been. The service was normal, we were checked on a couple of times. The waiter didn't hover. Got the check before I put my fork down..a little rushed perhaps

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Good food . Good service. Prime location, downtown Santa Barbara. Extensive menu. Good pasta dishes.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant. Loved the food, service and ambiance. Super friendly staff and the owner was fab! Would highly recommend Aldo's. A must if you're visiting Santa Barbara.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

My wife and I enjoyed dinner at Aldo’s while on a business trip. We had been enjoying California seafood and wanted to try Italian for a change of pace. We were served by the manager, Megan. Our food was well prepared and well served in their outdoor seating area where people watching the folks on State Street was an added plus. I had the sea scallops and my wife had the arugula salad which she said was the best she ever had. Her salad was heaping mound of arugula with dried cherries, gorgonzola cheese, walnuts and pears all drizzled with a subtle balsamic dressing – yum, yum, yum, yum, yum. My sea scallops served with polenta and sautéed vegetables were to die for. Recommend anyone visiting the Santa Barbara area give Aldo’s a try.