“Fairly decent sushi with some interesting items that you don't typically find.”
Review of Edomasa

Edomasa
Ranked #216 of 570 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2017

As I travel all over the US I always like to try local sushi bars. Edomasa was just down the street from my hotel so I thought that I would give it a try. It was nice to see some things that you don't always find such as yamakake and natto. The sushi itself was decent. Overall, it was a good experience and better than another sushi bar that I had tried in town on an earlier trip. Worth considering

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Edomasa has the advantage of being off the main drag of downtown located in the much quieter upper State Street area. The owner is awesome and makes friendly visits to tables throughout his shifts. Their sushi is consistently pretty good, some excellent rolls and others rather mediocre. Good number/variety of sake to pour and great deal on a pitcher of Asahi with free appetizer (edomame, gyoza, etc.). The interior ambiance is nothing special or romantic, yet provides for a quiet and low key sushi spot! See you soon!

Best,
~S

1  Thank Sam D
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Went here upon recommendation by hotel staff. Was great value for money. About $40 for two of us including sashimi which is good. We didn't drink though. Some of the sushi has minced fish in it which isn't ideal but I guess that's what makes it cheaper. Don't go for a romantic meal, go to eat and get full. The menu is one of those really extensive complicated ones though.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Edomasa is open after 6P. Be there soon afterwards as it fills up very fast, a popular place. The food is plentiful and very, very good. I think purist may balk a little but we were very satisfies with food and service (thanks Kazumi). All staff were very friendly and service was expedient. Great plum wine.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Excellent sushi from a twenty+ year establishment. Try their own creations as well as the standard fair. Locals will often bring in their own catch for preparation.