“Amazing”
Review of IHSP Santa Barbara

IHSP Santa Barbara
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've been here for a week going on my second i cant bring myself to leave its a great place to stop at with a even better location the staff is very friendly and Liz as been incredible keeping the hostel in order and just overall keeping it a fun place shes a great front desk lady.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TrentAtkins

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Cam and Holly were great.
In a different life they would have made very good friends!
The Hostel was nice and the stay is worth it just for the pancakes!
Real chill environment, if i had more money I would have stayed longer.
For now, Mexico bound!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HohepaN
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I loved staying here. The staff (specifically Holly and Cameron) were amazing- accessible, helpful, and all super fun to kick it with. Felt very home-like with a kitchen, living room, and TV equipped with netflix and what not. I actually enjoyed returning to the hostel every night and met a ton of great people. If youre traveling alone, especially as a younger person, this is a perfect place to stay to meet and find people to go out with.
Also there is an old fashion driving video game in the living room. DO NOT underestimate. This game is way funner than it should be.
Location is a little bit out of the way, but a totally walkable distance from State Street and only a short taxi ride away from Isla Vista.
Overall, I would 100% recommend this hostel. I'm sure I'll return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ariana L
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Cameron and Holly were amazing and so helpful. My hubby and I had a wonderful gettaway weekend. Beautiful and friendly. I love how close it is to the beach, and the free breakfast was an awesome perk!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We arrived late, and left early while driving the PCH1. Staff were very helpful - we stayed at their other proprty 5 minutes away, and the whole transition was very easy.

Price was very reasonable (we paid about $100 to have a 4 bed room to ourselves) in a townhouse with off street parking.

Floorboards were very noisy so it would be a bit of a pain if you had people coming in all hours, but didn't seem to be an issue. I think the biggest problem which needs to be addressed is the wifi - the signal is so weak, you couldn't really get signal anywhere except sitting right in front of the television. It would be my only negative feedback on an otherwise warm, homely hostel. Would stay again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. It was very well maintained and clean!! I loved the pancake breakfast in the morning! The staff even took me out the second night to their favorite dinner spot and then showed me around!! I will definitely be staying here again when I visit next!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed there for a few days with a friend, we had a shared room and it was well maintained, clean, and well kept! My friend and I stayed 2 nights and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had! In the morning they had a free pancake breakfast which was really very enjoyable and set my day of correctly as well as the happy and positive attitudes from the Staff greeting me and welcoming me in the morning! I have never been so pleased with staying anywhere as much as I have there at IHSP Santa Barbara! There was a wonderful and helpful woman that worked there, her name is Holly she is the manager there and she is very knowledgeable about the area and gave us great direction for the day, on where we should go and visit. I would recommend this place to anyone who is on a budget but wants to enjoy Santa Barbara and have a wonderful time!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends