“A fantastic fitness vacation!”
Review of Sky Ranch Fitness

Sky Ranch Fitness
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This all-inclusive fitness retreat is designed to help you jumpstart your fitness goals while relaxing in the natural splendor of Santa Barbara, CA. Through daily local hikes and fitness training, healthy cuisine, luxurious spa treatments, and the opportunity to explore some of the area's most notable sites and restaurants, guests will receive highly personalized care, as well as the tools needed to extend the benefits of their program long after their retreat.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Apparently you can eat delicious gourmet food in the lap of luxury and lose weight all at the same time! I just got back from a one week stay at SkyRanch Fitness at the Bacara Resort and couldn't be happier with my results.
In one week I lost 5 pounds and 6 inches in the mid-section which is always the most challenging of areas. I was fed amazing fresh tasty but healthy cuisine and never felt hungry or deprived. During the day, the excellent trainers guided us through beautiful scenic yet effective (butt burning) hikes and then led us through fun fitness classes to ensure we keep our metabolism pumped up. My favourite part of the day is how we were treated to a daily massage and got to relax at the spa and use the beautiful amenities. The Bacara Resort is the perfect resort to train hard and then relax and dine in a perfect luxurious setting. The nutritionist at SkyRanch Fitness is very knowledgeable and treats you to an amazing cookie that is filled with pure deliciousness and goodness. I only wished I could have stayed longer at Sky Ranch Fitness and continue to "Smile Up"!!!!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have brought home with me a whole new set of life style tools. Not only physically, but mentally as well. I have come back a stronger, more sure of myself person. I was amazed at how the team inspired me to be more. More than just being a victim to my limitations physically. I know I can do what I set out to do. The food was so delicious and beautifully presented. The hikes everyday were each one so special. The hike from "El Capitan" to "Refugio" along the cliffs was my favorite. We saw whales playing for us. The tour of "Whole Foods" with Nancy Dale was very enlightening. Doctor Luan made a great improvement in my thinking about my posture.

I am looking forward to returning to Sky Ranch. It changed my life!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I'll just dive right in to the numbers, I lost over 15 lbs in a week and not only have I kept it off, I've lost 20 more.

The group of people that have come together to make SkyRanch aren't just going through the motions, they are truly committed to helping people change their life by pulling together the best research available on nutrition and wellness and have designed plans that are approachable for people of all fitness levels.

The changes they helped me to make with nutrition have changed my relationship with food. The trainers helped me to understand what the human body is capable of and how the mind can help tie it all together.

I hope to go back again next year as I continue the fitness journey they have helped me to begin.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

More than I could have ever expected, my week at Sky Ranch Fitness was life-altering. Not only did I exercise and push myself more than I had since high school, I also felt rewarded and pampered with spa treatments, delicious and healthy food (and lots of it!), new friendships, and gorgeous hikes with stunning views. I also lost 5.2 lbs. and 5 inches...all in one week! If you need a jump start to beginning your healthy lifestyle or want to take your fitness to a new level, Sky Ranch is perfect! I plan to go back soon with friends!

1  Thank Beth D
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you are looking for a beautiful, healthy, intimate spa getaway that emphasizes hiking, movement classes, personal attention and nutritious meals, this is the place for you. With accommodations at the world class Bacara Resort, and adventures throughout the county, we left Sky Ranch Fitness quite impressed with the level of passion, instructor quality, and commitment to improving guests’ healthy living habits.

We especially loved the looooong, calorie burning hikes to places even we had not seen in our 30+ years living in Santa Barbara. Starting our day at 6:15 with a stretch or “foundation” class was worth waking for. Ending the day with a massage, or visit to a local winery for an exclusive dinner with a top level chef made me feel pampered and almost ready to move to a ranch. Or to have a personal chef at the very least.

However, it was the daily 3 hour hikes I really loved. Ok, maybe at the time as we were going uphill, both ways, in the heat, forever and ever, I might have moaned and whimpered a bit. And sung the Gilligan’s Island song. A Three Hour Tour. From coastline to mountain to meadow, Sky Ranch Fitness Spa took us on trails they had spent months researching and culling to provide the perfect options for a range of guest levels.

2  Thank Kymberly W