“Great stay at the inn”
Review of Bath Street Inn

Bath Street Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2008

We stayed for one night and had a wonderful experience. We had the Jacaranda Room, which was cozy but comfortable and clean. Being farthest from the street ensured a quiet stay, even though it was adjacent to the rear parking lot. Breakfast was delicious as were baked goodies, tea and coffee left out in the evening for an after-dinner treat. We've stayed in chain hotels near UCSB and found this inn to be far superior in quality and comfort, at a price that is not much higher. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2008

The Bath Street Inn is warm and welcoming and the staff is friendly and accommodating. Starting the day with one of the Bath Street Inn breakfasts is a wonderful treat--if you are a foody, you will be thrilled with the creative and culinary talents of your hosts. At the end of the day, there is an array of desserts in the parlor. We poured some decaf coffee and made of plate of some delectable sweets and proceeded to our room to relax. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2008

Booked the Bath Street Inn direct following research on Trip Adviser. Boy was that a good call or what....
Stayed there 3 to 6 July inclusive.
We had the Summer Room - very comfortable, bright & clean.
Arrived after a long drive from Yosemite and needed somewhere good to eat. The Innkeeper recommended Opal and even made a recommendation for us.
Well, Opal was so good we ended up eating there 3 out of our 4 nights in Santa Barbara!
Back to the Inn, this was luxury. The Innkeepers made us so welcome (Marti & Deborah) and were so helpful to ensure we enjoyed our stay.
Breakfast was memorable - eating outside in their beautiful patio - fresh OJ, then granola with fresh fruit and yogurt. Then a hot entree - eggs Florentine, crepes with blueberries - this was heaven on earth.
Then after busy days on the beach, sight-seeing or shopping, back to the Inn to freshen up - with complementary wines and cheeses at 4pm followed by freshly baked cakes and cookies with coffee available rest of the night.

If looking for a comfortable stay with excellent service and food, at a very reasonable price - then definitely stay here.
We plan to return to the beautiful Santa Barbara and we'll definitely stay at the Bath St Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 23 July 2008

I stayed here with my girlfriend from July 18-20, 2008 in the Balcony Room. Although it's a smaller room, it's nicely appointed, cozy, and inviting. The bed was comfortable and the linens and towels were soft. The bathroom is on the smaller side, so larger couples should probably go with a room other than the Balcony Room.

The breakfasts were fantastic. On the first day, they served a french toast casserole type dish with granola, fresh strawberries, yogurt, coffee, OJ, and milk. On day 2, we had poached pairs, an egg and cheese casserole, and rosemary biscuits with granola, yogurt, milk, OJ and coffee.

The service here was exceptional. For example, I was in Santa Barbara for a wedding, but I brought the wrong pants. The inn quickly called a cab for me that took me to Macys, where I purchased a pair of pants, and then took us to the wedding.

The location is extremely convenient to all the shops and restaurants on State Street (about 5 or 6 blocks).
Thanks Bath St. Inn for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 June 2008

My stay started with a warm greeting and the smiles of a friendly staff. After signing in, I entered the small, cozy and comfortable Garden Room. Oh my, a whirl-pool bath that worked and it felt great.

After resting and enjoying my bath, I decided to walk to State Street which was about a mile. I boarded the Trolly and had much fun shopping, bike riding and eating. The Trolly does not bring you to the door of the Bath Street Inn so I had to walk and it was very very dark along the streets about 9:30 pm. But the walk was enjoyable.

As I got cloer to my Room, I noticed people on the outside talking. And as I got closer, I could see that they were only enjoying the company of one another. I walked to the back of the Main House and the door looked like it was locked so I did not attempt to go in so I proceeded to my Room. The Garden Room is located right beside the alley. As I entered my room, I made sure the door was locked and the shades were down. I even went so far as to put a towel over the shades to make sure that no one could see inside of the room.

I then enjoyed my hot bath as I watched a movie. I fell asleep in the bed, but I woke up around mid-night. I decided to turn the lights out and get some sleep. And that's when I heard someone rattle the door knob. I immediately called the Inn Keeper and she called 311 and Security came after about 20 minutes.

I asked If I could stay in the Main House on the couch and the Inn Keeper allowed me to do so. One of the Staff assured me that something like this had never happened before and I said that something like this could happen anywhere. The Staff person was compasionate and extended her apologies, along with a $50 credit.

I write this so that everyone can make sure that doors are locked at all times and take no one for granted because you never know who is watching.

As for me, would I visit again? Yes!!!

Thanks for listening.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
BathStreetInn, Owner at Bath Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2008

We're glad that you would stay with us again, and we look forward to seeing you. We appreciate your review and take it in the spirit in which it was written. We are so sorry that you were disturbed. We agree that this could happen anywhere and it is true that this is the first time in Marie's twelve years at the Inn that anything like that has happened. And we certainly agree that keeping doors locked is a good policy - our rooms have deadbolt locks plus the old fashioned doorknob locks and we keep all exterior doors to the Inn well lit and locked after dark. It is because we take our guests' safety and security seriously that we have innkeepers who live on the premises to handle anything that might come up in the night.. We were happy to have you finish the night in the living room where you could feel safe and comfortable - if another room had been available, we would of course have given it to you, or found you a room with another establishment if you had preferred. Just a few things to clarify: we called the Santa Barbara Police Department to investigate. Two officers responded promptly and did a very thorough walk through of both buildings and the grounds with our resident innkeeper and did not find anything to concern them - everything was secure as it should have been. The Garden room has a private ground floor entrance but it is well lit (porch light at door) and is off the driveway - we don't have any alleys on the property. A final quick thought: we are located 3 blocks from State Street and a total of 6 blocks from the beginning of the theater and restaurant district of downtown.

Reviewed 26 April 2008

This was a lovely B & B. Breakfast was very good and served on the back deck. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was great, as it was not far from the middle of town, but not within walking distance.

The Fish House was excellent and located across the street from the ocean. Also ate at Palazzio one night. Share plates, if you are not a big eater. Too much food!

Take the scenic drive if you have time. SB is one of the prettiest California towns. Mission Santa Barbara was also very interesting.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed 9 April 2008

Stayed there last weekend. I have nothing bad to say about the place, but I have nothing particularly great either. Everything was adequate. The rooms were clean, but small. The breakfast was nice, but nothing to write home about. There was wine and cheese at night, but only cheap white wine in a carafe and the cheese was of the pepper jack/cheddar cheese-ish supermarket variety. The staff was present and friendly enough...don't think the proprietors were ever around. The location was right off State Street, but not the best part of State Street near the beach...the Inn is near the "professional part" of State Street. In sum, a perfectly good B&B, but nothing so special that I'll be heading back next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: April 2008