“The reason we stayed longer than planned!”
Review of Bath Street Inn

Bath Street Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Me, my wife and our 1 year old daughter stayed two nights at Bath Street Inn in the end of July. We had only planned to stay in Santa Barbara for one night but this lovely B&B got us to change our mind and stay one extra night. The entire staff was a bliss and we had some of the best breakfasts we have had in a long time. The afternoon cake and wine made everything perfect!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a lovely vacation at the Bath Street Inn. Our room on the third floor in the Summer House was cozy and private. We enjoyed the mountain views from our own little balcony.

Within easy walking distance to State Street and a little longer walk or easy trolley ride to the beach. Amazingly delicious homemade breakfasts and afternoon desserts (loved the chocolate cake and the lemon bars, oh my goodness!) We truly enjoyed our stay.

1  Thank Cindy O
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We came to Santa Barbara for a wedding. The reviews for Bath Street Inn were excellent so we gave it a try. From the moment we walked in the door we felt so comfortable; from the wonderful baking smells coming from the kitchen to the warm greetings.
Our room was Summer, on the third floor. If you are not able to do stairs you would probably want to choose another floor. But for us, we enjoyed the little bit of exercising. We hung out one morning in the third floor alcove. What a lovely retreat. Felt kind of like being in the "captain's loft" due to the view. The bed was very comfortable. I slept very well, which I don't do most of the time we travel.
Both of us have different dietary restrictions. It always pains me when I try to explain what we cannot have, what we can have. But, our beautiful hostesses questioned us until they felt they could serve delicious food yet within our restrictions. They did admirably. Our breakfasts were adjusted to mean our needs, yet still served as pretty as a picture and very tasty. By the way, my husband, the pie apple aficionado, really liked the baked apple. I think I have a couple of ideas for our menu at home. Do watch out for the triple chocolate brownies. Even though that is on my no-no list they were too good to pass up. I actually passed on the wedding cake so I could have a brownie that evening (sh, don't tell the bride and groom). I think I am addicted. I am having a terrible craving for one right now!
One morning we had breakfast at the window in the dining room, the other morning was cool so we sat in front of the fireplace. There is an outside patio that we enjoyed the first afternoon we were there.
The hostesses were kind, helpful,and truly made us feel comfortable. They gave us the grand tour and filled us in on some good information. State Street, the main street, was a short three blocks from Bath Street Inn. Although we walked, rather than take the trolley, the trolley does service State Street and goes to the wharf. Much better the 50 cents person one way than paying $2 an hour at the wharf to park the car.
There is free WiFi, but the connection only came in at 31-36%. But, I wasn't there to do business. Perhaps being on a lower floor might make a different, might be closer to the router.
The bride had arranged special rates at a nearby hotel, which were higher than what we paid. Plus, we had the benefit of the breakfasts. The Inn was quiet, and much more comfortable and homey than what I saw the other wedding guests had at the hotel.

1  Thank Anna Marie H
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Bath Street Inn was located in a very convenient area for us. (Our daughter just moved down the street.) The staff really go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. They gave us tips on restaurants, things to do and even specific details on certain retail stores. Breakfast is out of this world. All homemade and incredible. (Our daughter joined us a couple of mornings at the last minute and the owners were so gracious!) They have afternoon tea and wine and cheese and sweets left out all night. It is very secure and safe. The place was sold out when we were there yet I rarely saw the other guests! It never felt crowded. We stayed on the 3rd floor and it did get a little warm and stuffy when we showered and got ready for dinner. (It also was in August-the hottest month.) The fans cooled the room at night with no problem. The 3rd floor has 2 sitting areas which is very nice.
Two thumbs up!!!

Room Tip: The Wedgewood Room is the smallest room on the 3rd floor. I prefer the main house.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed in the Rose Room, and although nice, it was so small. We had been on a road trip so with two people both with luggage, we were pretty much tripping over each other. I peeked in a couple of other rooms that were open before checkin, and they are larger, so from now on, I know to ask about room size before booking. Other than that, it's a great place! The ladies are just lovely and it's very cozy. And the food - IS AMAZING. We had breakfast both mornings on the patio...perfect, quaint setting. The food is fresh and made from scratch - just delicious. My other favorite part is the cakes that they have out all afternoon and night. The chocolate cake is just to die for, and they had other delicious treats as well. Dangerous!

Room Tip: Rose Room is very small!
Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a room for two nights at the Bath Street Inn on a road trip from Portland to LA and back to Portland. The place itself was very nice and Vickie the host was extremely accommodating and made the stay nice. Highly recommend if your passing through Santa Barbara.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Innkeepers at the Bath Street Inn are very friendly. There was a wonderful display of cakes with the afternoon wine, cheese and crackers, and the breakfast, which we ate on the patio underneath the huge wisteria vine, was absolutely fantastic!!!! The Inn is just a couple of blocks off of State Street, and we found it to be an easy walk into downtown. We had a room in the main house up in the attic, the bed was very comfortable, and the evening cool-down kept the room temperature mild even in the middle of July.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple