Casa Del Mar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Harbor House Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Marina Beach Motel(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Mason Beach Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Best Western Beachside Inn(Santa Barbara)
  • Breakfast included
Days Inn Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfaststate streetfree wine and cheeseoffer winestreet parkingcute placehalf blockceiling fansmall breakfastshort walk to the beachspanish stylevery nice stayfire pitfew blocksrestaurants and shopsfree parkingone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Casa Del Mar.
The hotel is located few houses from the beach and few houses from the local bar.
about 15 minutes walk from the train station and 20 minutes walk if you are visiting anyone in Santa Barbara college (up the hill).
My room was beautiful and big and had anything I needed.
I don't really remember if I had breakfast, but I do remember the great Wine and Cheese in the afternoon (great way to end the day + before dinner).
If you are not into the beach scene and more into shopping and parties i would say stay in Downtown Santa Barbara. To me this one was ideal and i would definitely go back to this hotel on my next stay at SB.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ido8all
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our stay at this lovely cottage hotel was delightful. Many years ago, it used to be apartments, so as a result, many of the units have a little kitchenette, like ours did. We stayed in the King Courtyard room, which was roomy, it also had a fireplace, sink and vanity separate from the toilet and bath/shower, and plenty of charm. The climbing foliage outside our window gave us a cozy and very private feel, and we enjoyed the extras that this hotel offers: outdoor fire pit with lounge chairs, complimentary wine and cheese in the evening, and complimentary breakfast. We were just steps away from the ocean and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MaxandKrista
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband had booked this hotel over two months ago to celebrate our anniversary in SB, needless to say, it was nothing like we expected, given the price or website images.
The pro's; location is near the west end of the boardwalk, so it's great for walking, inn was clean and had basic amenities, good water pressure in shower but sprays all over bathroom floor given the design of the shower, good customer service at front desk, nice breakfast.

Cons: spartan accommodations, our room #20 (queen room) was right at the front of the street so you couldn't open the front shades with people walking by all day and cars driving by, no carpeting made it feel like a "cheap" motel, poor lighting -- I nearly burned my hand adjusting a reading light b/c the room was so dark, tiny TV far away from bed, not enough "counter space" for unpacking, watch parking -- you could get a ticket on Sunday if you're parked in the wrong place, cool finish palette didn't give the room a cozy or warm feel.
Ok if you're not planning on just staying in to relax.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gracie M
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed in the king balcony room (room 24) for one night recently. The room itself was very simple with few decorations. However, as others have noted, I found the king bed very comfortable. There were plenty of pillows as well. The room came with all basic amenities (though no hair condition). A few caveats: expecting a regular balcony, we were surprised that the shared balcony was actually the entrance to the room. Also, the shower water did not drain properly and by the end of a quick shower, my feet were soaking in about 2 inches of water.

The hotel had good service, and we enjoyed the free wine and cheese in the afternoon. Breakfast was very basic (English muffins, bagels, two types of cereal, and mandarins), but fulfilled our needs. Also, the hotel is less than a block away from the beach and near the wharf. We also walked to State Street, the main downtown area with restaurants and shops, within 15 minutes. Overall, given the high prices of hotels in Santa Barbara, we went with low expectations. But, the hotel provided us with a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Delaware83
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed in Room 27 for one night in February. It's a Queen room with an entrance right off of Mason. The room itself felt like a studio cottage minus a kitchen. Very cozy, modern, clean and quiet. AND NO CARPET! YAY! The sink was located in the bedroom. The bathroom had a window, towel rack, toilet and shower. The bed was super comfortable. One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Absolutely loved the bed.

Reception closes at 10pm. But This wasn't a problem as I didn't have any issues after hours. Every room has it's own entrance, apartment style, so the early closing doesn't affect your ability to come and go as you please.

The wine and cheese hour was nice. Didn't partake in the breakfast. The wifi was secure.

If you're expecting a Four Seasons type experience you should look elsewhere. This hotel was clean, well maintained, but very basic. There was nothing posh about it. Other than perhaps the bed. The price reflects the fact that the hotel is located near the beach in Santa Barbara. Santa Barbara is EXPENSIVE.

There is no swimming pool.

The grounds were beautiful and very well maintained. There were a few fountains and lots of trees and flowers.

The location is good, but not excellent. There are no balconies over looking the sea or overlooking anything for that matter. It's about a block off of Cabrillo which is the beach road. So you can easily walk down there in about 3 minutes to sit on the beach near the harbor. Lower State is about a 15 minute walk. I took cabs everywhere 'cause I'm lazy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo