We found this on Tripadvisor as a way of accomodating all our family (5) under one roof instead of booking different rooms at a hotel. We stayed at the Bramhall Cottage.
All the cottages/rooms are located in a nice quiet street which is only a few blocks away from the main street and coast of Santa Barbara. Everything was very clean and the (Alice in Wonderland) decor was tastefully done. The beds were nice, deep and comfy with quality bedding ensuring a good night's sleep. There was a good sized bathroom and decent kitchen area too. Although we never used it there is also a small patio area at the rear of the property. We also had some nice homemade shortbread in our room on arrival and there was also brownies later that evening.
Our daughter loved having a soak in the hot tub under the gazebo.
The owners and staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was ample and consisted of a range of choices (including homemade french toast, fresh fruit salad, bagels, tea/coffee & juices). Your choice of eating inside or out on the patio.
We only really passed through on our way to LA & Anaheim but wished we could have spent more time in Santa Barbara. So much more laid back & relaxing than LA! Wonderful sunset whilst walking on the pier before walking down the street browsing at the shops.
We would definitely stay here again, but for longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheshire Cat Inn features two stately Queen Anne Victorian homes, an elegant coach house with two suites and four two bed-roomed cottages, all surrounded by lush flower filled gardens and patios. The Inn is situated just one block from Santa Barbara's main shopping street, which is full of attractive courtyards and alleys. The Old Mission is an easy 20-minute walk in one direction and the beach a brisk 40 minutes in the other. Each one of the sunny guest rooms and cottages is unique, with an individual charm and ranges from the elegant to the whimsical. Some are larger split-level junior suites with private balconies, some have in-room Jacuzzi s and fireplaces. This romantic Santa Barbara inn also features flat screen LCD/DVD, ironing boards and refrigerators. There is free Wi-Fi and parking. All rooms have private baths and direct dial telephones. The rates include breakfast and local wines and hors d'oeuvres daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cheshire Cat Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheshire Cat Hotel Santa Barbara
- Cheshire Cat Inn Santa Barbara
- Cheshire Cat Bed Breakfast