This was our 4th stay and although we always have an enjoyable visit, this time there were a few annoyances. The main reason we've stayed here before is not only the lovely location (although Chapala can be a noisy side street) but the charm of the entire inn. This is the first time there have been young children at the inn and it was distracting having 2 toddlers running around during breakfast and again at the evening wine and appetizers. We are doting grandparents but would never ever consider bringing them to a B&B..it is just not appropriate and this alone would make us reconsider our next stay.
The sheets and towels are showing wear (the sheets especially were very worn and rough) and should have been changed out on our visit last year; we only received one set of soap and shampoo for a 3 night visit (thankfully we also bring our own); there are no screens on any windows which I find odd because we do have mosquitos and flies in Southern California!
Connie is a very gracious and hardworking host, and the owners need to pay some extra attention to their inn. I had previously written these notes privately to the owners and also shared them with Connie, but have received no response 2 months later....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheshire Cat Inn features two stately Queen Anne Victorian homes, an elegant coach house with two suites and four two bed-roomed cottages, all surrounded by lush flower filled gardens and patios. The Inn is situated just one block from Santa Barbara's main shopping street, which is full of attractive courtyards and alleys. The Old Mission is an easy 20-minute walk in one direction and the beach a brisk 40 minutes in the other. Each one of the sunny guest rooms and cottages is unique, with an individual charm and ranges from the elegant to the whimsical. Some are larger split-level junior suites with private balconies, some have in-room Jacuzzi s and fireplaces. This romantic Santa Barbara inn also features flat screen LCD/DVD, ironing boards and refrigerators. There is free Wi-Fi and parking. All rooms have private baths and direct dial telephones. The rates include breakfast and local wines and hors d'oeuvres daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cheshire Cat Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheshire Cat Hotel Santa Barbara
- Cheshire Cat Inn Santa Barbara
- Cheshire Cat Bed Breakfast