Stayed here in October on a business trip, and although this was a charming enough place, it is definitely not for the business traveler.
First of all even though the Inn offers wireless Internet, I could barely get a signal in my room (the Titmouse).
Second, the evenings were pretty warm but there was no air conditioning in the room. I opened up the windows to let in a breeze but the noise from the traffic racing up the street made it very hard to sleep. The Inn did leave a fan in the room, but for $150+ a night that was pretty pathetic.
Third, there was no television in the room. Thanks for letting me know ahead of time (not!), I would have brought some more books.
Finally, the great home cooked breakfast they advertise isn't available on during the weekdays. So, there was a mediocre continental breakfast instead.
The staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean, however the management could have done more for us. Even though the Inn was fairly empty during our stay they still put us into the cheapest rooms. For what we were charged I didn't feel this was a good value, and would recommend that you negotiate everything upfront with the Cheshire Cat before you confirm a reservation with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheshire Cat Inn features two stately Queen Anne Victorian homes, an elegant coach house with two suites and four two bed-roomed cottages, all surrounded by lush flower filled gardens and patios. The Inn is situated just one block from Santa Barbara's main shopping street, which is full of attractive courtyards and alleys. The Old Mission is an easy 20-minute walk in one direction and the beach a brisk 40 minutes in the other. Each one of the sunny guest rooms and cottages is unique, with an individual charm and ranges from the elegant to the whimsical. Some are larger split-level junior suites with private balconies, some have in-room Jacuzzi s and fireplaces. This romantic Santa Barbara inn also features flat screen LCD/DVD, ironing boards and refrigerators. There is free Wi-Fi and parking. All rooms have private baths and direct dial telephones. The rates include breakfast and local wines and hors d'oeuvres daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Cheshire Cat Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheshire Cat Hotel Santa Barbara
- Cheshire Cat Bed Breakfast
- Cheshire Cat Inn Santa Barbara