“Wonderful place for destressing!”
Review of Cheshire Cat Inn

Cheshire Cat Inn
Ranked #1 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
La Mesa, California
“Wonderful place for destressing!”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I traveled from San Diego to Santa Barbara to treat myself to a long, decompressing, spiritual birthday weekend. I found the Cheshire Cat Inn on the web and gave it a try. I was so pleased with the spot that I know I'll go again. The staff were wonderful and acted as concierge as well as service provider. The rooms are lovely. The grounds are phenomenal! I spent a lot of time in the lovely yard admiring the fantastic live oak tree and other lovely plants and flowers. My only reason for not giving all 5s were these: I think the room was a little expensive and the room I was in (Jean's room) had some street noise on weekend nights and early morning. It wouldn't have bothered me except I was trying to meditate and be in a quiet place...I found the yard the perfect place to find the solitude and silence I wanted. Another plus were the other folks staying there! I had several conversations with other traveling folks and most were there as repeat stayers! Next time, that's what I'll be, too!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 23 August 2010

My family was in town for a wedding, and had a block of rooms reserved at a different hotel. Due to a mix up with the reservation my husband and I, along with a family friend in town for the wedding, needed to find other accommodations and decided to book the Cheshire Cat since it had great reviews and was within walking distance of the other hotel. We couldn't have been more happy with our choice. While my poor family paid $180/night to stay at a run down place that was more motel than hotel, we got to stay in the Cheshire Cat's Bramhall room, a lovely 2 bedroom cottage with a full kitchen, living room, and outdoor patio. Daily breakfast was absolutely fantastic, as was the wine and hors d'oeuvres served in the evening. Although the cost was higher at $299/night the value for money made it a much better deal. Bharti, the Innkeeper, was very friendly and a lot of fun to talk to. We usually book hotels by the beach when visiting Santa Barbara, but the Cheshire Cat is so nice that we'd forgo the beach next time and stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2010

very good. Little problems to use energy, not solved during our stay

• Stayed August 2010
Westlake Village, California
Reviewed 12 August 2010

It doesn't get much better than the pleasant breakfast in the lovely courtyard between the two buildings of the property. We were two couples attending a wedding at the Biltmore, but we wanted to do some 'smousing' in the city. The Inn is within easy walking distance of downtown Santa Barbara, the city beach, and the half mile of art faire along the beach. We had a relaxing weekend within an easy drive of Los Angeles.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Oak Park, CA
Reviewed 4 August 2010

This B&B was very clean...spotless.
The breakfast was very good. Coffee was very good (and I consider myself a coffee snob).
The location was great for walking to State Street, which we did in the evenings for dinners.
We have NEVER stayed at a B&B and we only did because hotels were booked....but I must say we enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Marshfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The Cheshire Cat was recommended to us by friends. It was the last leg of our driving trip down the coast of CA. The accomodations are lovely and spotless. We stayed in the Tweedledum suite, which had a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom, large living and dining area and kitchen facilities. On the weekends, you can request that your breakfast be brought to the room, which we did. A wonderful breakfast is served every morning, as well as wine and apps late afternoon. Bharti (the innkeeper) made us very comfortable and was a pleasure to talk to you. I highly recommend this inn. I would certainly go back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Everything about the Cheshire Cat Inn is perfect. No detail has been missed. The staff is warm and wonderful. The gardens are gorgeous. The rooms feel like home. You won't ever want to leave. We stayed a week and it wasn't long enough. We miss Bharti and Connie (inn keepers) as if they were relatives we visited.

• Stayed July 2010