“Tranquil, beautiful setting”

A White Jasmine Inn
Ranked #7 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I stayed one night in this lovely B&B in Santa Barbara. The room was clean and comfortable. The Hosts were very welcoming and helpful with great recommendations for restaurants and local activities. Breakfast-which I had in the garden, surrounded by bouganvilleas and other exotic flowers was great..lovely french toast with fresh fruit and juice. TheWhite Jasmine Inn is in a great location-in a quiet, tree lined street about 5 mins walk from State St and 15-20mins walk to Stearn's Wharf. As I left-I wish I could have stayed at least another night!

Although I didn't have time to try it-there is a private spa pool at the back of the property.

I'd recommend hiring a bike and exploring the waterfront and if you love shopping-check out the consignment stores on State St...some treasures to be found!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank cape_diem

Reviewed 17 June 2010

We have stayed at many B & B's both in the states and in Europe. My husband and I stayed at this B & B (the Wild Rose room in the Main House) for two nights. We payed approx $200 per night for our room. We were greeted by the Inn-keeper John, who was friendly and showed us to our room, giving us tips on how various appliances worked. At the time of my reservation (by email) I mentioned that I was a vegan and requested a vegan breakfast. I also had a conversation with John on arrival and reminded him that I was a "vegan for the sake of our breakfast meal", in which he stated that "he is a vegetarian, and was once a vegan." I felt comfortable that I would surely end up with a vegan breakfast! Our breakfast which was delivered to our room in a nice basket was anything but vegan, other than the orange juice. It consisted of fresh fruit with yogurt on top, a slice of quiche, and a piece of banana bread. I mentioned my disappointment with the breakfast at the time of our check-out , and was told that I should have said something after it was delivered to our door. I thought that an email and a reminder at check-in should have been sufficient enough. I didn't want to send this breakfast back. So much for special requests! Our room was decorated in shabby chic, and was very clean in appearance. Our bed was comfortable. The box of tissues in our room which contained only a few tissues and was empty by morning and was never replenished, leaving us without a box of tissue in our room. The Jasmine Inn is located in a very nice area of Santa Barbara, close to State St. which is a plus. Parking adjacent to the Inn is also very nice. This area is quiet at night, but not the case in the morning, as we could hear traffic and voices from outside our room. It was nice having internet access from our room.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovestotravelori
Reviewed 30 May 2010

My husband and I stayed @ the white Jasmine inn for 4 days and loved it. Quiet & cozy. Breakfast was great and there weren't any distractions from the owners or other guests. Would definitely stay again!

Reviewed 28 April 2010

As others have noted, the White Jasmine is actually multiple, converted Victorian homes that are close (but not adjacent) to each other near downtown Santa Barbara. Located on a relatively quiet residential street, it's a short walk to the main drag of State Street. There is off-street parking in a back alley, but it was unmarked and we couldn't find it.

If you're looking for amazing curb appeal to blow away your special someone upon arrival, this isn't your place. Nice, sure but if you're looking to wow someone and $$ is not an issue, head around the corner to the The Upham Hotel. That said, you're likely to get a better value for your stay at the White Jasmine.

The staff is nice enough and you definitely get the Victorian small B&B feel. We stayed in 'The Castaway' which was quiet & very private clean, and comfortable. No view to speak of but that wasn't an issue for us. The bathroom was spacious with a huge Jacuzzi tub/shower. If you sleep cold, ask for extra blankets ahead of time: we could find any in the room. :(

Hot breakfast is brought to your door in a cute picnic basket. Food was nice enough, although a special dietary requests we had seemed to confuse the staff a bit. Breakfast to your room may not be as social as other B&Bs, but if you want to keep it private and eat in your PJs, it's a big plus.

Overall, I'd say this was a 3.5-star stay... A reasonable B&B value in a good/quiet location but not a Honeymoon or picture-book B&B destination.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2010

We stayed at the Jasmin Inn the last night of our trip. We had not had good luck with our other "Bed and Breakfasts". It was great. The room, location was perfect, and the breakfast was Yummy! This is our place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2010

If you are planning to visit the shops and gallaries on State Street, this B&B is a quiet location for rest and relaxation. Management friendly and eager to be of assistance. Lots of Victorian atmosphere, very comfortable, and lovely garden.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Everything in Santa Barbara is expensive, so when I booked a B&B king room for around $200 I thought it was a pretty good deal.

The inn has two properties situated diagonally across the street from one another. We stayed in the "Castaway" room (not in the main house). It was very quiet even though there were a house next door not more than 20 feet away. The room was nicely furnished. It has wifi though I didn't use it. Very efficient toilet...that's important! Nice shower/jacuzzi tub combo...room enough for two! Very comfortable mattress...slept like a baby. Nice to have a ceiling fan in the bathroom to offset the heat from the jacuzzi. Nice ceiling fan over the bed also. The decor was slightly on the gaudy side, but it IS called the Castaway room, so a nautical motif should be expected.

The breakfast of veggie quiche, fresh fruit, muffins and orange juice was delicious and was delivered to our room. We ate it out on the porch at the patio table.

The clock radio in the room was a joke. Only received a classical station and several Latin stations. Needs to have an ipod-ready clock radio.

Only three short blocks to State Street downtown. We walked it easily...very safe.

Would definitely go there again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple