“Gluten-free pizza = YUM!”
Review of Pizza Guru

Pizza Guru
Ranked #155 of 536 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Pizza Guru is everything you'd want in a pizza joint AND it has an amazing gluten-free pizza crust option that, I would argue, tastes delicious to anyone, gluten-free or not. Also, unlike other gluten-free pizza experiences that I've had, you can order a gluten-free pizza at Pizza Guru of any size. They don't just make a bunch of gluten-free crusts, stick them in the freezer, then defrost them when someone places an order. My girlfriend and I split a medium pizza--and had some for breakfast the next day. The local wine and beer selection is good--and they even have gluten-free beer, if you're into that. If you are looking for an awesome pizza in SB (gluten-free in particular), Pizza Guru is the place to be!

The only other recommendation that I'd make is to take the pizza to go and eat it somewhere beautiful like the beach or the Courthouse lawn. The restaurant itself is fine--nothing wrong with it--but there are so many other amazing places in SB to enjoy while munching yummy pizza.

There are newer reviews for Pizza Guru

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Pizza Guru is a very good place to eat at when you’re in the Santa Barbara area. We had Gluten Free Pizza with Canadian Bacon and Pineapple. They went out of their way to make us Gluten Free Cinnamon Twists. Great service and yummy food!

Reviewed 7 February 2013

While there isn't any ambiance here the pizza and calzones are quite good, in fact, as a transplant from the Mid-Atlantic Region I can state without reservation it is among the best pizza and calzones I've had in California. The staff is also quite friendly and accommodating. However, I've run into a problem with the lack of response to problems when attempting to contact management. I had a problem with a small overcharge on a bill where the stated menu price was not reflected when the cashier rung us up on the computerized system. She tried to fix the issue but was unable to rectify due to the lack of flexibility in the system. Consequently I wrote an email and then a postal letter to management. Never heard back. Further, I then notified the local Better Business Bureau and management didn't respond to them either. Doesn't say much for the ownership, but, the food is quite good.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This really is pizza at its healthiest. The crust is wonderful. My friends like the meat pizzas, while I love the eggplant w/ feta cheese.

Thank L. K
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stopped here as my wife has Celiac and they have gluten free crust options. She absolutely loved her pizza and I got one of their specialty pizzas and it was quite tasty. It may be a bit pricey for pizza but considering the ingredients they use it was really quite reasonable. The service was great and the food was even better. Highly recommend Pizza Guru.