Friendly, helpful reception. This hotel is large, with rooms spread over a number of wings.
Our room, on second floor, had no elevator access. The room was very clean and reasonably furnished. The a/c and fridge had been turned off and it took about two hours for the old-fashioned a/c to cool the room ( It was 83F outside ). WiFi worked well.The bathroom had no extractor fan and the window was jammed in one position.
The room had a balcony overlooking a large courtyard and pool. The sliding door to the balcony had a lock that did not work, but a pin had been provided ,to jam in a hole in the rail.
The electrical outlet sockets in bathroom and bedroom were worn and connectors dropped out.
The hair dryer would not work in the bathroom.
There were very few disabled parking spots and all parking spots were narrow.
Three of the main support posts to the access stairs on our wing had been completely eaten through by termites.
Breakfast at their restaurant, the Tree House, was chaotic on the Sunday we were there, but better on the Monday. Service was poor, cutlery and condiments missing from our table. Food was fine. The 15% tip was pre-added to the bill's total.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on five acres of tropical gardens, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn is a Spanish-inspired resort hotel with ornate tile and wrought-iron embellishments. The lush gardens feature pathways lined with palms and cascading bougainvillea. The hotel offers two heated tile pools, two whirlpools, an exercise room and massage facilities, conference facilities, complimentary parking and free high-speed wireless Internet service.The hotel's spacious, well-appointed guest rooms feature private decks or balconies overlooking the gardens and pool courtyards. The Treehouse Restaurant and Lounge offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and provides room, patio, and poolside service.Located on upper State Street with easy access to 101, the hotel is adjacent to the shops and restaurants at La Cumbre Plaza, and is just minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, world-class golf courses, award-winning wineries, glorious beaches, and the Santa Barbara Mission. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western