We stayed here for 4 nights over Memorial Day weekend. It was busy in Santa Barbara , and this location was full most nights. It is a spot for tour buses and airline pilots and flight attendants for overnight stays.
*The softest sheets and bedding! The beds were comfortable , and although all hotels have problems with noise we were not bothered by noise from the pool or the road in front. Great sleep all nights
*There is lots of free stuff. You don't have to pay $4.00 for a bottle of water like most locations. Every day our room was stocked with water, fruit (orange, apples, bananas in the office as well, coffee, tee, and cookies) Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fruit etc. is in the lobby with a gift shop and fireplace as well.
*A restaurant on site is open early each day . The food is more than adequate ( I read a review from someone complaining about the Eggs Benedict, but this isn't an Eggs Benedict type of place--more on the diner type of fare). We had an activity to go to each morning and needed an early, quick, hot breakfast and the service was fast, food well cooked, price reasonable and location convenient. You can also bill the meal to your hotel room.
*The location is not near the beach, or near UCSB --but it is relativerly close to both, and a short drive on a scenic road to Harry's Beach only takes 10". There is a mall with Macy's , Sears, several children's clothing stores, Starbucks, J. Crew, J. Jill, Pottery Barn, Talbot, Toy store, Starbucks , as well as a Vons , Sees Candy and several fast food type of fare (chipotle, Panera Bread and Panda) across the street. You are within 10" of the Botanic Gardens, Natural History Museum and the SB Mission, within 2" of a great book store, Chaucers, and the municipal golf course. Buses take you to downtown area, and it is actually a bit nicer to stay away from downtown due to the crowds and some crime (car break ins).
*There are two pools, both well maintained and a deep end that is at least 8 feet. For families with kids who like to jump or dive in the water it's a great place.
*The grounds are lovely and also well maintained. It has a garden feel, and is a pretty place. For native Californians it isn't unusual , but if you were traveling from North Dakota in March in search of some pretty warm place, this would be a perfect fit.
*The price was very reasonable, competitive with other locations that offered the same or less. (We have also stayed at the Quality Inn--not at all comparable and more expensive at the time, and the Pacifica in Goleta area--very nice place as well, with a hot breakfast included in the stay, but the pool area was smaller and more crowded and it is further north on 101)
*This is also a full service place. You can get a massage, your hair and nails done, a van takes you to and from the airport and it is a pick up location for bike and wine tours.
However, it is an old place, the rooms are small and pretty soon it will need some overhauling, but it was clean and well cared for. I was especially impressed with the people who work here--it is a well organized.
Overall, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on five acres of tropical gardens, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn is a Spanish-inspired resort hotel with ornate tile and wrought-iron embellishments. The lush gardens feature pathways lined with palms and cascading bougainvillea. The hotel offers two heated tile pools, two whirlpools, an exercise room and massage facilities, conference facilities, complimentary parking and free high-speed wireless Internet service.The hotel's spacious, well-appointed guest rooms feature private decks or balconies overlooking the gardens and pool courtyards. The Treehouse Restaurant and Lounge offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and provides room, patio, and poolside service.Located on upper State Street with easy access to 101, the hotel is adjacent to the shops and restaurants at La Cumbre Plaza, and is just minutes from downtown Santa Barbara, world-class golf courses, award-winning wineries, glorious beaches, and the Santa Barbara Mission. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western