“Great hotel, great staff”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent only one night at the Pepper Tree Inn having travelled from LA on our way to San Francisco. Santa Barbara is a beautiful city and the Pepper Tree Inn is a very good place to stay, only a few minutes by car from the Mission and downtown SB (State Street). Check in was very straight forward and we were able to enter our room early, where a bottle of Champaign had been left on ice in recognition of my birthday. The amenities were very good although sadly we weren't there for long enough to take advantage of them. There is no breakfast but hot drinks and fruit is available in the lobby area, and there is a diner right outside the lobby entrance. All the staff we encountered were extremely pleasant and helpful and I would definitely stay there if I have the good fortune to visit SB again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The room was perfectly presented and you cannot fault the cleanliness and the comfort of the bed. We had a comfortable little patio which over-looked a nice garden, which near our room, had a fire pit, and further down the way was the pool.
My only complaint was that there was no door dividing the bedroom from the kitchen/bathroom area. A sliding door would prevent light and any noise coming in to the bedroom area. Because the light comes in from sun rise, this can disturb you and wake you up earlier than you would like when on holiday.
Also, the air conditioning was extremely noisy but we needed it on to keep the room cool as having the windows open let too much noise in and certainly did not give us the same cooling effect.
The gardens and overall greenery from the plants and shrubs gave this hotel a relaxing feel and almost oasis like. A lovely place to come back to and have a swim and relax in the garden.
This hotel is about a 15 minute drive into Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: If you have a room at ground level you get a little patio to sit on.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ChivaunC, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pepper Tree Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
CarolineSilver10, Thank you for taking the time to provide your nice comments. We appreciate hearing from our guests and I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience at the Pepper Tree Inn. I do hope you come back to have a swim and relax in the garden. Best, Chivaun Clark.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We are a Young couple from Germany and were amused that we found a hotel like this. When we arrived the room was not ready but it was early in the morning so we let our luggage at the office. 20 mins.later they told us room is ready. All the staff at the front desk, the cleaning women and also the valets were so friendly and helpfully as we've never seen.
Water and Fruits on the room were complementary. Price was a little bit higher than the other hotels.
Unfortunately, there was a big confusion regarding our booking but the front desk clarified this problem and was so sorry about that confusing booking that we got a free breakfast. We thank you so much for the nice stay and would be glad to be your guests in future on our next trip.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
bsearched
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

When I booked this hotel, I was concerned that I would have to drive to eat, drink, or do anything. The hotel is very close to 101 which is very convenient, has a diner on the premises, a Panera right across the street, a few other restaurants and a mall all within walking distance. The main area of State St is a few miles so you may need to drive or take a taxi if that is where you are headed.

The hotel was very clean, the staff is very friendly, and I felt very safe. The only reason I gave he hotel 4 stars instead of 5 was the thin walls and being able to hear people outside. Luckily the next room wasnt noisy and there wasnt yelling kids running around, but I could pretty much hear the people in the next room and if someone walked by the front door talking, it sounded like they were in my room. Again, no crazy parties or yelling so my stay was great and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bsearched
Springville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Clean, pleasant, pool, fire pit, gift shop, centrally located, walk to GOOD shopping. Plus, I am happier when traveling with my standard poodle, and she loves going there too. There is bottled water in your room with NO EXTRA charge. I was there for business but because of the location of the hotel, I was easily able to walk to shopping, restaurants. Internet with no extra charge. Fruit and goodies for no extra charge. Love this place and I continue to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Vickie H. I am so pleased that you appreciate all of the complimentary amenities we offer our guests as well as our location. All of these factors contribute to why our hotel is such a great value with enjoyable accommodations. Thank you for continuing to choose the Pepper Tree Inn during your visits to Santa Barbara. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your poodle as our guests sooner than later. Kind regards, Chivaun Clark.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Upon reservation I specifically asked for a quiet room and again when I arrived,unfortunately the only rooms available where on State st.That was not the worst part,in front of our room 2 huges buses were parked.When I inquired to the front desk personnel if they were going to park there all night,I was told yes,but I was promised it would be quiet.All threw the evening I heard the engines running and the annoying beeping of the buses backing up.At 9h30 I asked the bus driver when he planned on stopping.His answer was
:well Management made me park here.Next morning we were awakened at 7h30 by the same noises.I was offerred a breakfast as compensation,but all I wanted was to leave.I paid 200$ to sleep in a bus depot.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Rachel M
Rachel M. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear of your experience while you were our guest. I regret that you were placed in a room that was located next to where buses had parked and I assure you this is not a frequent occurrence. I invite you to consider staying with us again. Please ask for me direct and I will ensure that you are placed in a lovely, quiet room where you will enjoy a patio or balcony overlooking our relaxing garden courtyards. I apologize for this incident and do hope to have a chance to have you as our guest. Kind regards, Chivaun Clark.
Long Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We have stayed at many Best Western Plus Hotels all up and down the State of California and have always been pleased with our stay. BW Pepper Tree was no exception. Excellent service, accomodations, etc.. Loved the location. Right on the main street leading right into old town Santa Barbara and on to the beach area. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple