“Great hotel”

Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Rocklin, California, United States
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have never been to Santa Barbara but can say this hotel was so reasonable and very clean. I originally booked two double beds and was upgraded to a full kitchen upon check in. I can say the kitchen was great. We were able to store our drinks, snacks, etc and have us more room. The hotel was a little way away from the main avenue(state street) but shot a taxi each night for dinner for $10.00 each way which was pretty cheap. There was coffee and pastries each morning and a great whirlpool hot tub that we used each night. All in all I would stay here again especially for the price.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the kitchenette, it really is worth it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Olympia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I found the staff and amenities wonderful - I would and am staying there for continued business "consulting" for Deckers Outdoor Corp. I am recommending this Lodge for others that are heading this way

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Fresno, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

The rooms were huge and comfortable. Very clean, looks like rooms might have been recently renovated. Felt a little dated since one wall was covered with mirrors, but this added to how bright the room was. The bathrooms looked like new tile, very clean. A microwave would have been nice. Would definitely stay there again. Restaurant service was wonderful, and food was good as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Tanya K
Riverside, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Our room was clean and comfortable but very small. Mirrors were everywhere to increase the illusion of size. Bathroom clean, no tub. Free wifi. Small fridge. Staff was friendly and helpful. We were mainly using it as a place to sleep while we explored the city and surrounding areas, so it met our needs. The neighborhood is quiet and it's close to everything we wanted to see during our two day stay. There were cookies, apples and bottled water and a nice desk area for keeping in touch on our computer. I thought it was a bit pricey for what we got, but maybe everything is in Santa Barbara. We didn't have a chance to use the pool or try the restaurant, although both looked enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MichaelScott2013
Carol W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us; and for sending in your review. I appreciate hearing from our guests; and it sounds like we made you happy. Am just hoping you will come back again to see us; and will ask for a larger room next time. We do have suites here at the Encina; which would afford you much more space….or just larger regular rooms.
San Clemente, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is a wonderful hotel on a residential street in Santa Barbara. Quiet and comfortable. Staff very helpful and cheerful. Great shower! Nice amenities -- fruit, candy and cookies. The only problem was that one wall in the room was completely mirrored, and when the sun came up in the morning, the light reflected off the mirror right into my husband's eyes. The restaurant on the premises has delicious Mexican food, too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Barbara C
Thank you for your review of your recent visit with us. I’m sorry about the mirrors………….we are slowly but surely getting rid of them as the rooms are re-decorated. Many guests love them; but I can see where the sunshine hitting them would be a problem.

I do hope you will come see us again when traveling to Santa Barbara.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed at the Encina Lodge during Labor Day weekend. I was a bit disappointed because when we walked into our room, the room was very hot. When I called the front desk, they informed me they don't keep their A/C running if the room is vacant. Also, the room has air conditioning, but it's not central air. It's only one wall unit. If our room was a regular room, I wouldn't have had a problem, but we stayed in a one bedroom suite. The A/C unit was only in the main room and the bedroom had no A/C and no ceiling fan. I was surprised no one else had mentioned this and frankly, was disappointed considering this wasn't an inexpensive motel. I called the front desk to relay my concern, and they were very professional and said the room should cool off. And, to their credit, it did, but it was very hot for the first two hours. Also, at night the bedroom was very stuffy. I guess I was surprised because I was expecting more, given that we spent a decent amount of money for this hotel. But, I have no complaints about the staff, all were very pleasant and friendly. Also, the pool is very nice and everything was very clean. My only real complaint is the AC unit. It was also VERY loud. At night, it was hard to sleep. The bed was also very hard and uncomfortable. The pillows were very hard too. I don't think it was worth $250+ a night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sunocean18
Worcester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was a great place to stay in Santa Barbara.
We had a suite which was really well appointed and comfortable.
We had a happy hour drink followed by a dip in the pool!
The staff were excellent and the on-site restaurant was amazing!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple