I booked this hotel is mainly because it offers two bedroom townhouse at a really affordable price. For traveling with my parents (we are all adults), two bedrooms is a bonus compare to 1 room suite.
This hotel exceeds my expectation. It is beautiful outside, once you arrive the little flowers all around bring you into a vacation mood. The townhouse is spacious, nice living area and dinning area downstairs, very functioning and convenient kitchen. Also a powder room downstairs. Upstairs two bedrooms with a shared bathroom. Everything is organized and clean. It also has a small back patio. You may sit outside enjoy the peaceful life like a local Santa Barbara people......
A few things I think this hotel could improve: 1, it did take me a few minutes to find my town house after I got instruction from front desk. You said turn left when you see stop sign...but on bath st, there is no stop sign. The sign is on the small st which I need to turn on, how I can see that before I turn on...2, your restaurant is a little pricy and...I personally don't like any dish i ordered there. But maybe that's just me. 3, your front desk is very professional but I feel less warmth compare to the best western I stayed the night before at salinas, ca. (The one when I check in), the one when I check out is super nice though.
Overall I like this hotel a lot. Although it is not by the beach, if offers great value in a town like Santa Barbara. For family vacations I will definitely come back again. Of cause, did I also mention how great place Santa Barbara is? :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on a quiet residential street lined with turn-of-the-century homes, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Lodge & Suites in Santa Barbara offers all the amenities of a small luxury hotel with the charm of a bed and breakfast inn. Relax by the garden pool, enjoy the aviary, book a massage, or simply unwind on your own private patio or balcony. Ideal for extended stays or family vacations, Encina Lodge offers a variety of accommodations, including guest rooms, suites, and apartments. Quilted bedding and floral accents lend the rooms their quaint country charm. Many of the units have full kitchens; plus Las Aves Café is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with room service available.Located in midtown, the hotel is adjacent to Sansum-Santa Barbara Medical Foundation Clinic and Cottage Hospital, and is just minutes from historic downtown, the Red-Tile Walking Tour, Mission Santa Barbara, golf courses, beaches, wineries, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Encina Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Encina Hotel
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western