“Great value for family vacation”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
California
“Great value for family vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel is mainly because it offers two bedroom townhouse at a really affordable price. For traveling with my parents (we are all adults), two bedrooms is a bonus compare to 1 room suite.

This hotel exceeds my expectation. It is beautiful outside, once you arrive the little flowers all around bring you into a vacation mood. The townhouse is spacious, nice living area and dinning area downstairs, very functioning and convenient kitchen. Also a powder room downstairs. Upstairs two bedrooms with a shared bathroom. Everything is organized and clean. It also has a small back patio. You may sit outside enjoy the peaceful life like a local Santa Barbara people......

A few things I think this hotel could improve: 1, it did take me a few minutes to find my town house after I got instruction from front desk. You said turn left when you see stop sign...but on bath st, there is no stop sign. The sign is on the small st which I need to turn on, how I can see that before I turn on...2, your restaurant is a little pricy and...I personally don't like any dish i ordered there. But maybe that's just me. 3, your front desk is very professional but I feel less warmth compare to the best western I stayed the night before at salinas, ca. (The one when I check in), the one when I check out is super nice though.

Overall I like this hotel a lot. Although it is not by the beach, if offers great value in a town like Santa Barbara. For family vacations I will definitely come back again. Of cause, did I also mention how great place Santa Barbara is? :)

• Stayed February 2014
Carol W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
We love your review of our hotel; and thank you for being our guest. I’m sorry if we weren’t completely clear with our directions to your room………we usually give each guest a property map and give detailed instructions as to how to get to their room.

Sorry you weren't completely happy with our restaurant; but that generally you liked our property and the beautiful town of Santa Barbara. We hope you will come back another time and give us another chance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Corralitos, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I loved this place because it was spacious, clean, full 2 bedroom apartment. Large couch, full kitchen, even the ceilings were wood beamed freshly painted instead of cheap looking hotel room usual ceilings. There was no 'free breakfast' which is a plus for me, I don't care for the cheap bland food at 'free buffets', but there is a restaurant if you want onsite breakfast. The location is close enough to downtown, 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk to the busy part of State St. I will 100% return to this hotel when/if I find myself in SB again.

Room Tip: ask for the suites that used to be apartments, we enjoyed our upstairs room so there weren't peo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for being our guest; and for enjoying one of our apartment suites. We do hope you will come and visit us again.
Oakland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

It was ok, but the rooms are very tired. Not sure why it's a Best Western "plus"..not sure what the "plus" means. But it needs refreshing and the shower water pressure in my room was horrible. Staff all very nice and helpful and they took $20 off my room price but I don't think I'd stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank craesilver
Carol W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you for your review and for your compliment of our staff, they always appreciate being mentioned.
Best Western Plus means that we meet the requirements of AAA 3-Diamond rating, along with upgraded bath amenities, mini frig. , available breakfast, fitness room, on-site laundry and dry cleaning service, free high speed internet and local calls and a business center.
We are constantly renovating our rooms; so please come see us again when you visit Santa Barbara and give us a chance to put you in one of our newer rooms.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Very courteous and helpful staff. It's our second monthly stay in two years time.
We are looking forward to our next stay in December of 2014.

This Lodge/Hotel is definitely recommendable.

...........

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Carol W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
We are so happy you chose us as your winter retreat; look forward to your next visit here in sunny Santa Barbara. This winter sure has been warm; glad you got to enjoy it with us.
Thank you for reviewing us.
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Several good things to say about this property…complimentary airport shuttle service, the rooms are clean, and the location was a pleasant 20 minute walk to the heart of State Street. The hotel has a nice lobby area offering teas and coffees and there is restaurant and lounge on the premises. The rooms are older and could use updating, but they are spacious, and everything worked. We would stay here again because we like the feeling of being a local in a comfortable neighborhood.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Carol W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank for staying with us during your recent visit to Santa Barbara……..and for all your nice observations of our property. Your right; some of the rooms are a bit dated; and I am working on those on a weekly basis. Just keep putting in new carpet, wallpaper, and paint………..next time ask for one of our newly decorated rooms.

Hope you come see us again!
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

What a great little hotel! Very clean and hard working staff. A very active property and the staff went out of thier way to ensure we were taken care of. A nice restaruant on site with firndly staff and resonable prices. I would definelty stay there agian.

Room Tip: A room by the pool is nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Acampo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We spent 2 nights here and were extremely happy with our accommodations. The room was clean, there is a nice restaurant on site and lounge. The grounds are kept very neat and the room was very clean also. I would stay here again if I were to go to Santa Barbara.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Carol W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Just want to thank you for your nice comments about our property; and so happy you enjoyed our restaurant; and the rooms here.

We look forward to your next visit with us.