Stayed here for a month whilst attending a medical clinic in town. We had a great time in Santa Barbara and we were very happy with the Encina. The room was a king suite with a small kitchenette which was very adequate for the meals we needed to cook. Full size refrigerator and gas stove and fully equipped cupboards. The bed was amazingly comfortable and we slept so well. Housekeeping did a stellar job, as the room was serviced daily with fresh towels, bottled water and whatever else was required. There was a 42" flat screen TV in the lounge and another TV in the bedroom. The shower was hot and very nice with an adjustable shower head. We were in 257 overlooking the pool and Las Aves restaurant. A number 3 bus from just around the corner takes you downtown or to upper State street, or a cab will take you to lower State for around ten dollars. The location is suburban and is in a beautiful area with lovely homes. A supermarket and fruit market is about ten minutes walk away up De La Vina street. I cannot speak highly enough about the staff and management..nothing was too much trouble, and any minor issues in the room were fixed immediately. The rooms are not super-modern, but are quaint and comfortable, and the rate was very affordable for an extended stay such as ours. It is not a five star hotel but I give it five stars for the sheer fact that it was home away from home and so comfortable. Carol, Helen, Akio, Tom, Danny thank you for making our stay so pleasurable. I can highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again if ever in Santa Barbara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on a quiet residential street lined with turn-of-the-century homes, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Lodge & Suites in Santa Barbara offers all the amenities of a small luxury hotel with the charm of a bed and breakfast inn. Relax by the garden pool, enjoy the aviary, book a massage, or simply unwind on your own private patio or balcony. Ideal for extended stays or family vacations, Encina Lodge offers a variety of accommodations, including guest rooms, suites, and apartments. Quilted bedding and floral accents lend the rooms their quaint country charm. Many of the units have full kitchens; plus Las Aves Café is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with room service available.Located in midtown, the hotel is adjacent to Sansum-Santa Barbara Medical Foundation Clinic and Cottage Hospital, and is just minutes from historic downtown, the Red-Tile Walking Tour, Mission Santa Barbara, golf courses, beaches, wineries, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Encina Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Encina Hotel
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western