“Caters to Sansum clinic patients”

Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Visalia, United States
“Caters to Sansum clinic patients”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

It is a great place to stay especially when at Sansum Clinic, they will take you there and back for your appointments, there is a pool and spa on the grounds and a restaurant, close off the freeway and quiet. They have rooms, suites and always different goodies when the rooms are cleaned daily

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Carol W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for visiting us here at the Encina Lodge during your recent trip to Sansum Clinic. We appreciate your kind remarks; and do hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
glen ellen
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I really appreciate the value, the warmth, and the convenience of this hotel. I stayed in an upstairs corner room not near the pool so it was very quiet. The restaurant menu and food was excellent and the staff are very nice throughout my stay of 8 days.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We all appreciate your rating our hotel with such high praise. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us; and hope to see you again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I booked this hotel very last minute for a one night stay during the Santa Barbara Fiestas weekend. The hotel is very charming looking and the rooms do have a unique lodge feel with a sidewall full of mirrors from floor to ceiling. The downside: the restroom light and hallway area lights went out while I was getting ready to go out at night. This is a green hotel, so their lights have sensors and thought it was that. I Attempted to turn on the lights and nothing. I immediately called the front desk and explained the situation. They first asked if I had turned them on and after I stated yes they told me they would send someone to check out the problem. They were very speedy on response time and in less than 5 minutes I had a maintenance man checking out the problem. It took him under two minutes to pin point the potential problem which had to be resolved from the outside of the room. The scenario was a bit inconvenient throwing me off schedule for about 15 minutes, but was happy with the overall response time. I understand these things can happen anywhere. What i am most displeased with is their housekeeping. It always looks nice on the surface and then you discover them too late. My sheets and blankets smelled awful, like the smell of vomit (not exaggerating). I didn't bother to call the front desk because it was 3am when I was going to bed and figured housekeeping wouldn't be able to do anything at the time, so I just threw them on the floor. Also, the AC in the room is very outdated and old. It didn't work too well. Hotels are very expensive in the area around Fiestas and this one night stay was not cheap ($250 plus for the night). Therefore, I do feel the need to point out these flaws. I'm sure the fees are SIGNIFICANTLY lower on any other given weekend, but for the price, I did expect at the very minimum, clean-smelling bedding. My suggestion: stay somewhere else. I don't see myself booking here ever again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Urbanpeasant
Thank you for reviewing our property during your visit to Santa Barbara during Old Spanish Days; or otherwise called “Fiesta”. We appreciate your booking with us; but very sorry you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations.

We do not raise the rates for Fiesta weekend; we have one rate schedule for the entire summer season. Our rates are very competitive for the Santa Barbara area.

Regarding the cleanliness of the bed; I am completely dumbfounded that you would find a problem. The housekeeper in the section you stayed in is one of our most efficient; and we pride ourselves on beautiful clean beds. We wash our blankets and bedspreads more often then need be; just to be sure our bedding is super clean. And of course; clean sheets are always put on.

I’m sorry you weren’t happy with us; but do hope you continue to travel the Best Western way.
Moraga, California
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Last minute stay in Santa Barbara so not many places to choose from. This room has wallpaper from the 60s, an ok bed, nice towels. Window in bathroom needs to be replaced. Quiet area. Long walk to restaurants. If you walk to dinner, take a cab back, because streets are not well lit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Carol W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We all thank you for the review you wrote about your visit with us here at the Encina Lodge. Your observations are correct; some of the rooms do have older wallpaper; but I can assure you; it is from the 90’s……………I am renovating rooms year around. Every winter I re-do rooms; and get as many as possible done before summer comes again.

We hope you will come see us again and stay in one of our newer rooms.
Glendale, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The room was beautiful, very comfortable, and staff was very helpful in recommending restaurants, and with directions. loved the bird enclosure. We found this location through Best Western phone call.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

How lovely it is to read a nice review like the one you posted; thank you so much for that!! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us; and our little birdies. Hope you come see us again.
Santa Barbara, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom suite, which was very clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My bedroom faced Bath Street, which sometimes was noisy; however, I ran the air conditioner and it blocked the sounds from the street and sidewalk. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate your posting a review about your stay with us; and appreciate your nice comments about our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. I will definitely share with our head housekeeper.

Sorry about the noise; I know Bath Street usually quiets down by about 9 or 10pm; so hope it wasn’t too much of a bother.

Please come visit us again.
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our room was very quiet and spacious. The room look outdated however the king bed was comfy and beautiful. 2 tv's helped keep my teenagers in the living room while I was able to watch what I liked. Bathroom seemed small compared to the bedroom and living room/kitchen.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for being our guest; and hope you enjoyed your visit to Santa Barbara. I am continuing to update our rooms; trying to keep them updated. Next time please ask for one of our newly renovated rooms.