We stayed through December 2010 in one of the 2 floor suites (Hacienda townhouse) for the recuperation of a family member from a major surgery. The hotel has a special "medical rate" for such guests and the value cannot be beat in Santa Barbara. Hotel is across the street from Cottage Hospital and close to doctors' offices. Townhouse had 2 bedrooms upstairs and a nice living room with a pull out sofa. If anyone sleeps on the pull out, however, they should bring an inflatable mattress for comfort. Kitchen was well equipped, which was important, because most of our meals were in-room to control food costs. Staff is very responsive to all requests for supplies and any small maintenance items. Located on a quiet residential street within walking distance of the SantaBarbara Mission, this is an ideal, peaceful location for recuperating patients. You will probably need a car if you stay here, since the hotel is about 4 miles from the beach and a mile from any food store. However, there is bus service (#3 line) in front of the hotel on Bath St to the MTD terminal in town. It is also a 5 block walk to Sola St where you can pick up the 25 cent State Street trolley. Other bus service is available on State and DelaVina. The hotel has a fair restaurant, Las Aves. There is a nice heated pool and hot tub which were very useful during some of the cold, rainy days we had. Wireless internet was spotty in the Hacienda building, but very good at the office. They have a shuttle (on request) to and from the SB airport and Amtrak if you need it. Overall, this hotel is a very nice place to spend an extended stay, particularly for patients of Cottage Hospital. There is a small park with playground a few blocks over on Oak. Cottage Hospital has the Reeves Medical Library…they let you use scanners, copiers, computers, and Wi-Fi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on a quiet residential street lined with turn-of-the-century homes, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Lodge & Suites in Santa Barbara offers all the amenities of a small luxury hotel with the charm of a bed and breakfast inn. Relax by the garden pool, enjoy the aviary, book a massage, or simply unwind on your own private patio or balcony. Ideal for extended stays or family vacations, Encina Lodge offers a variety of accommodations, including guest rooms, suites, and apartments. Quilted bedding and floral accents lend the rooms their quaint country charm. Many of the units have full kitchens; plus Las Aves Café is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with room service available.Located in midtown, the hotel is adjacent to Sansum-Santa Barbara Medical Foundation Clinic and Cottage Hospital, and is just minutes from historic downtown, the Red-Tile Walking Tour, Mission Santa Barbara, golf courses, beaches, wineries, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Encina Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Encina Hotel Santa Barbara
- Best Western Encina Hotel
- Best Western Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Best Western