I bought the Express deal on Priceline and snagged this hotel, conveniently located between UCSB and Santa Barbara, for $90/night. We stayed for 4 enjoyable nights and would unequivocally stay here again.
1. Price--This hotel is on the lower end in expensive Santa Barbara, but it was wonderful.
2. Location--very easy on/off the 101 freeway--no freeway noise and easy parking
3. European guests--lots of Germans and French speaking guests. Fabulous. The Europeans know a deal when they see one.
4. Gorgeous flora--pond, ducks and turtles, a bridge, sparkling pool--view of the mountains too
5. Friendly and professional staff
6. Clean and excellent housekeeping. Brava!
7. Breakfast--pleasant room near the pond and pool. So helpful to have breakfast included in the price. Excellent croissants. Selection of pastries (sweet breads) cereals, yogurt (but could you work a deal with Chobani or Fage instead of Yoplait? :)
8. Nice to have a fridge and microwave
1. Bed was very comfy and firm, but pillows were wretched. 4 plump neck-elevating things.
2, Furniture is dated and wardrobe and bureau were a bit scuffed, but who cares?
3. A/C is old unit, but worked well--just keep the fan and cooling on continuously all night.
If you require 5 star luxury, which we sometimes do--don't stay here. Otherwise, it's a complete winner.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking