Avania Inn of Santa Barbara
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Days Inn Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Mason Beach Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Marina Beach Motel(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Harbor House Inn(Santa Barbara)
View Hotel
Best Western Beachside Inn(Santa Barbara)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsstate streetfree parkingwalking distance to the beachsmall poolstayed here for one nightpool and hot tubnice breakfastacross the streetbeds were comfortableroom was largefresh fruitcomplimentary breakfastroad tripsamanthablockbalconycereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I really liked this hotel -- it just got too too price on weekends. I'd go $149 a night for this but it nearly doubled on weekends. Try to do better, price-wise and you should be happy. The rooms were very large and clean. Housekeeping attentive and nice. Aqua and brown decor was not off-putting to me, though some have noted that. Again, it was CLEAN and bed afforded a very good night's sleep. Pool, though small, was heated and open til 10pm. Hot tub also on property and gate is locked after 10. Towels provided for pool use in room off pool. Breakfast was included: Scones, waffles, danish, fruit, eggs. Not terribly creative, but okay and edible. Location is great here and why I booked to begin with. State Street is maybe 6-7 blocks and beach is 2-3 blocks away. We walked and left car parked most of our stay. Desk staff not terribly friendly, but did warm up towards end of our stay. Good choice; I'd stay here again but would want better rate.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies, which is nice place to sit in evening.
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here for three nights in mid July. It was during the week at $149 per night (free parking) so because of the good location it was an OK value. Within walking distance of the beach area, Stern's Wharf and the start of State Street. Trolley stop was also only a block away.
This motel has been sold and remodled numerous times over the past 20 years. I have to say it was much nicer when it was the Country Inn (the rooms were nicely decorated with canopy beds and light, airy decor). Now- I'm not exactly sure what the decorator was trying to accomplish- dark blue and brown checker board patterns on most things, very uncomfortable chairs, hardly any electrical outlets, and one of the smallest bath areas we have ever had in a motel. And after only being remodeled fours years ago, the rooms look much worse for wear. Our room had a balcony- definately ask for one.
The pool and spa area was very small and the towels at the pool area had yellow stains all over them- not very appealing. The breakfast was OK but we've had much better at Courtyards or Springhill suites.
Good location and if you can get a good rate it's OK, but I would'nt pay too much for this average property.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony.
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I booked room just a few days prior to my travel. It's a nice clean place in DownTown Santa Barbara. There was a clean little pool and jacuzzi. I differently would come back and also would recommend my friends to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank MashaW
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Unfriendly and impatient staff. But, worse than this, grounds, facility and rooms were not as I would expect for a $250+ room. Room smelled, was old, cheap, and had beat-up furniture. Broken and dis-repaired bathroom fixtures. Small and ugly room. All around, a bad experience. Will not return.

Room Tip: Recommend against staying here.
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Very nice room with all you need for one or a couple of nights in Santa Barbara. The furniture was new (unlike many of the motels), comfortable bed.

The lady from the reception was understanding and helpful. We were very late for the check-in due to the problems on the highway (flat tire). The lady from the reception told us that she will wait for us at the reception and let us check out an hour later than usually.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple