“This is a great value hotel in the middle of everything.”

Avania Inn of Santa Barbara
Ranked #38 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Oregon
“This is a great value hotel in the middle of everything.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

I was in Santa Barbara on a quick business trip and traveled by Amtrak. I selected the Avania Inn mainly because of its locale (a pleasant neighborhood near the beach, and within walking distance from the train station) and competitive rates. I was hoping for a tolerable experience. Boy, was I pleased! Even though I got in late -- after 9 p.m. -- I was attended to by a friendly front desk person, had time for a soak in the hot tub, and spent a comfotable, quiet night in a clean and comfortable boutique-style room. The continental breakfast was good, and they gave me the late checkout I needed without any problem at all. Overall, a great place to stay without breaking the bank (you'll need your money if you go shopping or dining in SB)!

Stayed April 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
thousand oaks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2009

I have stayed at the Avania several times and enjoy it very much. It is very clean and has a great location right near the beach. The front desk manager is great and super friendly she has made me feel like I'm at home. The rest of the staff is wonderful also. This is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2009

I was traveling with friends. We had stayed the prior night at a different motel that we had actually booked for 2 nights but checked out after one. We did not have any reservation and found the Avania Inn on line. Before we went in we looked at the other places in the area to see the rooms and prices. After we saw the rooms at the Avania Inn we were sold. From the moment we stepped into the lobby we were greeted and treated as a guest. The Inn has just been remolded and the decorations are that of a boutique Hotel. The Inn keeper was very nice and made sure to get us rooms next to each other and checked us in early as the rooms were ready. The pool, Jacuzzi and sauna area are very clean, well kept and private from the street.

The rooms are spacious and quiet with new comfortable mattresses, table and chairs, refrigerator; thick soft towels, stone counter tops and tub enclosures.

In the morning the breakfast was excellent variety of Danish, Muffins, Scones, Cereal, a Waffle maker, O.J., Milk, Coffee, Tea, Hot Cocoa and fresh fruit served in the lobby with lots of tables and chairs to sit down, relax and eat.

The Inn is located 2 blocks off the beach and walking distance to the pier and State Street and a park across the street.

It was such a nice stay we hated to go but one of us had to go to work the next day. I wish I could have spent a few more nights.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Valencia, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2009

After physically looking at the rooms in the Days Inn, Best Western and neighboring hotels/motels, we were very pleasently suprised at the beautiful, clean and quiet accommodations at the Avania Inn. The price was much less than Days Inn and Best Western, and yet the rooms were significantly nicer. The staff was great and the continental breakfast was also very very good. It consisted of fresh danish, scones, fresh waffles, orange juice, coffee and cereals. The location is an easy walk to the beach, the pier and other dining.

Several us stayed at the facility on May 1, 2009 and we were all very impressed with our rooms.

I highly recommend this establishment and we will definately stay here again. I think that you will be as surprised with the accommodations as we were.

Steve L. - Valencia, California

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2009

My husband and I stayed in room 307 for 1 night. I have to say that woman at the front desk was less then welcoming, no smile or anything. She was visibly annoyed when we asked for a map and directions to the town. Our room was fine, it was big and comfortable. AC worked, but it was noisy (it was very hot on the day we visited). Room was recently updated, had flat screen tv, new carpet and furniture, comfortable bed. Breakfast was very basic, but OK for the price was we paid $89 + tax. I probably will not stay at this hotel again, will try to find something more inviting.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
The Hague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

I stayed in the Avania Inn for 10 days in the summer of 2008. Reading all the bad reviews made me go there with some hesitation, but it turned out to be a very nice hotel. Bathrooms are outdated and no spot on clean. The rooms itself are very very nice and clean. WiFi (which I depend on for my work) is fast and reliable. Going to Avenia and can't spend too much money? Go to the Avenia Inn!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2009

Inn is located nicely a few blocks away from the sea. Close by there is 7/11 and a supermarket. The building is a bit old as well as the decoration of the rooms. It can be noisy, not from outside but from inside. Parking included, no wifi, standard breakfast.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family