This was our first time in Santa Barbara the area was absolutely beautiful and the hotel was in a great location right across the beach and close to downtown - everything where it should be when on vacation.
However, we were very disappointed with the hotel itself. We are Diamond members with Hilton so we try to stay within the Hilton Brand not only because of our status, but because we have always had great experiences with all the Hilton Brands except this particular Hotel. The staff was exceptional - yes exceptional! Whatever we needed we were immediately accommodated.
Upon Arrival we were upgraded, but the upgrade for being a diamond member was not the standard. We were put in a room with a view of the ocean, a King bed, we have three in our party so we had a cot brought in. The room was on ground level in front of the building where we had people looking in our room in the morning and the evening. People letting their dogs alleviate themselves in front of our room and watching us at the same time. Also, we couldn't sleep with the doors open on the balcony because we didn't feel safe because we were next to other guests with no division between us and also on the main road. The gentleman next to us was smoking constantly outside on the balcony so the smoke kept going into our room. We wouldn't have minded if our room wasn't so dark and didn't smell like mold.
The room - All the furnishings were up to par - Hilton standard. As we were entering the building to our room the hallways were dirty and run down. We weren't expecting the Ritz! but they could at least keep up with the maintenance! It had more of a Motel feel than a Hotel feel. Our door was damaged, but functional. A first bad impression and we were hoping it would be better inside. Now the inside. As we walked in the room, it had this old, mold smell to it. The room was very dark with Panel wood walls, sliding glass doors to the balcony that were not very sturdy and worn they were apparently very old. The carpeting was dirty and needed a good cleaning! I didn't want to take my shoes off :| The only issue we didn't have that made it bearable was the furniture it was upgraded. Because of the cleanliness of the hotel, we didn't feel comfortable eating here.
This place just needs some TLC - a diamond in the rough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort is steps from the beach and convenient to Santa Barbara's waterfront and downtown. Oversized rooms all feature balconies or patios; families and pets are warmly welcomed. Amenities include a year round heated Olympic sized pool, Spa, fitness center, salon, tennis courts, bike rentals, putting green, shuffle board, weekend wine tasting, 2 restaurants, ocean-view bar and 24 acres of grounds. Complimentary airport/Amtrak shuttle service available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fess Parker`s Doubletree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Fess Parkers
- Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort