For many years we have traveled to Santa Barbara to visit our two boys to went to Westmont College there. We never stayed at the Fess Parker due to price but on this last trip which concluded 13 years of visits, we decided to stay there since our boys were moving back to Seattle. While the grounds are nice, the pool area very nice and the room average but slightly larger than a Marriott, the additional costs for Wi-Fi and parking were excessive. For a luxury hotel to charge nearly $40 a day for these two "free" services at most every other hotel we stayed in over the years in Santa Barbara it was quite frustrating. We had problems with our tv, movies on demand fialed 3 out of 4 nights, 3 engineer visits. In the end it worked but the quality of the HD was mediocre. We don't go to hotels to watch movies but after long days in the area and my wife's health we relax in the room and movies are a part of that. So again, high quality hotel, low quality experience with the TV and the Internet was slow, for an extra $5 a day you could buy higher speeds. Ridiculous. What made me write this review was that the engineer had told us he would "comp" us two movies due to our problems. When we checked out, there was no comp and when I addressed this with the person at the check out, she was not very friendly at all. WE had about 4 movies, only 1 of which actually worked. She said I see a note to comp 2 movies, not 4. I couldn't believe she was challenging me on how many movies to comp. I stood firm on all 4 and she grudgingly gave in. Last complaint was you had to use your room card to get in and out of the parking lot. one morning it didn't work, I was at the gate 5 minutes pressing the help button, nobody answered. I had to drive back to the lobby to get my card redone. So at check out again I asked for a parking comp due to this lack of their monitoring the gate. After debating, she grudgingly gave me a day. So, good location, clean, pleasant room but nothing to write home about. Good excercise room. I wouldn't recommend spending the extra money, other nice non-chain hotels along the beach area for less price and as good of service as the Fess Parker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort is steps from the beach and convenient to Santa Barbara's waterfront and downtown. Oversized rooms all feature balconies or patios; families and pets are warmly welcomed. Amenities include a year round heated Olympic sized pool, Spa, fitness center, salon, tennis courts, bike rentals, putting green, shuffle board, weekend wine tasting, 2 restaurants, ocean-view bar and 24 acres of grounds. Complimentary airport/Amtrak shuttle service available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fess Parker`s Doubletree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Fess Parkers
- Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort