Very nice property, across the street from the beach. Helpful front desk and front door staff. Fantastic cookies. Clean, warm pool, attentive pool staff. But the parade of staff pushing service carts loudly across the pavers was disruptive to conversation - another "customer experience" detail Fess could fix by asking staff to "take their noisy carts around instead of through" areas where guests are sitting. Bike Rental / Surreys were easy to rent and lots of fun. Rooms were nice, but not particularly special. Noise from people yelling in the hallway woke us up several times. Extremely loud people upstairs and next door were a problem - nonexistent noise barriers, thin walls / floors. "Security" responded promptly to the kids upstairs jumping off the bed above us, being overseen by an older sibling. Literally thought they would come through the ceiling. Temperature control didn't work well (room got stuffy at night), automatic toilet flusher in the men's room near the pool didn't work at all - ew. "Hospitality" host was not helpful in providing the dining area our group had been promised well in advance of our arrival. When we were directed to a different, wind-exposed area, Meghan and was visibly irritated at the request to have our 30+ group dinner set up in the area we had arranged. Was gruff about informing us that tables would not be moved, and generally set the evening off poorly with her attitude and lack of hospitality. Fortunately the 2 servers did a great job and redeemed the evening. Food was very good. Overall - Nice location, but for the price, Fess Parker Doubletree did not have the extra touches and attention to detail expected. Very Good, but could be great with some attention to detail and attention to customer experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort is steps from the beach and convenient to Santa Barbara's waterfront and downtown. Oversized rooms all feature balconies or patios; families and pets are warmly welcomed. Amenities include a year round heated Olympic sized pool, Spa, fitness center, salon, tennis courts, bike rentals, putting green, shuffle board, weekend wine tasting, 2 restaurants, ocean-view bar and 24 acres of grounds. Complimentary airport/Amtrak shuttle service available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fess Parker`s Doubletree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Fess Parkers
- Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort