I was booking a room at this hotel so that my family and I were as close to the ocean and pier as we could get without compromising comfort. The add said to choose an Ocean View or a Mountain View. I chose the Mountain View, it did not however say that the actual view was of the parking lot and in the far distance over the cement wall of the parking lot do you see the tops of the mountains. The worst part however, was that it also did not tell you that there is a train that comes through just on the other side of the cement wall and blows its whistle several times per day. My Granddaughter is 5 months old and that did not do well for her nap times. When booking the room it also does not tell you that you have to pay $19 per day for parking. The room was $400 per night, one would think that you get the complimentary breakfast included. When my family and I went to the dinning it is an open breakfast buffet in the actual hallway that you walk down. There are no cashiers or payment stations. At the end of your meal the waiter will present you with a very expensive check. But the worst part of this trip was when we were all sleeping and my daughter-in-law woke me up to tell me there were ants in her bed. They were all over her pillow. We found the trail and they were coming from the coffee machine. Outside of that the beds are comfortable and the rooms are very large. Oh yes and the walk to get to your room will also be a "hike" All in all I was not happy nor impressed at the $400 per night. I expected way more. Most of all I do not appreciate when they do not tell you about paying per day for parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort is steps from the beach and convenient to Santa Barbara's waterfront and downtown. Oversized rooms all feature balconies or patios; families and pets are warmly welcomed. Amenities include a year round heated Olympic sized pool, Spa, fitness center, salon, tennis courts, bike rentals, putting green, shuffle board, weekend wine tasting, 2 restaurants, ocean-view bar and 24 acres of grounds. Complimentary airport/Amtrak shuttle service available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fess Parker`s Doubletree Hotel Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Santa Barbara
- Doubletree Fess Parkers
- Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort