Harbor View Inn
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Downtown(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$191
  • Breakfast included
Mason Beach Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$173
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$161
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$331
US$191
  • Beachfront
US$398
US$337
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Ramada Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$163
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$169
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
US$457
US$413
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$228
Official Site
1,382 results
All reviewsacross the streetstate streetgreat locationlarge balconyan ocean view roomstearn's wharfocean fronthotel restaurantseparate showerbottle of champagnenice pool areashops and restaurantsper nightbeautiful roomstayed longerupon checkstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

First of all you are at the beach, literally at the beach, you are at the end of the road, right across the street. I have read some reviews that say stay away from the beach views...hogwash, get the suite right over the ocean, sit on the balcony and enjoy the sunset with a glass of wine or champagne!. The suite, if you can get them, are incredible!. My wife and I had booked a different room, we were there for her birthday, they asked if we would like to upgrade, and I am glad I did. Once the staff knew if was her birthday, they sent a bottle of wine up to our room, and were great at attending to our needs, and leaving us alone at the same time! Kudo's to the staff. Waking up the next morning, looking out at the pacific and the Santa Barbara harbor, well lets just say, it was a good experience. 5 stars all the way!

Room Tip: Get a suite with an ocean view!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ron C
Reviewed 11 April 2014

A truly lovely hotel. Just stay away from the Ocean View rooms. They are directly on Cabrillo Blvd and the noise is awful!!! If you keep your sliding glass door closed you can see the view but not get any of the sea air. The room was wonderful. Large, with a sitting area and a wonderful bathroom. Oh there was a balcony as well, but sitting out there you could hear the other guests as well as all the traffic noise. The pool was lovely and the exercise room was very will stocked with equipment. I would definitely come here again but try a different room.

Room Tip: Keep in mind Ocean View rooms are very noisy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Needlepointaddict
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days in early April. Everything about the hotel was a delight. The staff at check-in was very welcoming and helpful; our room, which faced ocean, was large and comfortable; the pool, with a small on-site food and drink space, was relaxing and well-taken care of. My only issue was that our room was made up late in the afternoon, so it wasn't as pleasant to be there during the day. A nice thing is that the hotel is on the edge of State Street, Santa Barbara's main street, with hundreds of stores and restaurants of all types, and just across from the city pier where you can enjoy a pleasant walk. The hotel also has a restaurant, Eladio's, which was pretty good and reasonably priced for breakfast. We didn't eat other meals there, so I can't comment on their quality. One other nearby restaurant we did have breakfast at, Sambo's on Cabrillo Blvd, is convenient, but I'd have to classify it as a "greasy spoon" with mediocre food. We did, however, have great dinners at Olio Pizzeria (a popular local spot) and Trattoria Vittoria, though our best dinner by far was at the Stonehouse Restaurant at San Ysidro Ranch in Santa Barbara. It's a ways from the hotel, but the reward is great. The Ranch's grounds are beautiful (we sat outside and drank wine for a while before going to dinner) and the restaurant's service and food are top notch. The only caution: it is pretty pricey, so be prepared.

Room Tip: The hotel covers quite a lot of space on the corner of Cabrillo and State Streets. Rooms facing Cabrillo and the ocean have to deal with street noise, but we didn't find it to be that bad.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank William M
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed here for my 40th birthday in February for 2 nights.

My husband had contacted the hotel before we had left the UK and they were very kind I believe in assisting him with obtaining a birthday cake. The hotel also very kindly gave us a lovely room and left a bottle of wine for me as well which I really did apprecaite.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was just amazing. The hotel itself is just on the beach but the rooms were very quiet.

We ate at the resturant next door on both nights and the food was lovely and staff very friendly and helpful.

I really loved this hotel and hope to one day come back for a longer visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hezza-74
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here from March 9th until March 15th 2014. Nice spacious rooms, brilliant location - close to the beach and less than five mins walk to the beginning of the main part of State St. so it benefits from being central, but also nice and quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool or ocean view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple