Property is well maintained and aesthetically pleasing and staff is accommodating and helpful. We had City/Resort View Rooms (3rd floor) - basically you are overlooking the parking lot HOWEVER these are probably the quietest rooms as they do not face the main street - we stayed during the week (non-weekend). It was unfortunate that we booked rooms while the neighboring property was receiving a new roof (a lot of banging & sawing) but "working hours" were tolerable as we were out of the room most of the day - would be nice if staff would have disclosed this at check-in so as to avoid the surprise. The rooms are VERY spacious and in particular room 318 is a splendid little "Casita" I would describe as a Jr Suite. This room overlooks the parking lot but has a view of the creek and a small ocean view through a widow near the beds (double bed room). Beds are unbelievably comfortable, my traveling companion said it was the most comfortable hotel bed she has ever slept in. Nice view and all rooms have a nice balcony. This property is near the train station but trains do not run in the middle of the night (weekdays- not sure about weekends) - they stop by about 11pm and resume about 7 or 7:30 and they do blow their horn. I am a light sleeper and early riser and I found this was not a problem. After a hot day in Solvang we decided to use the pool. At the entrance gate to the pool there is a sign stating "Persons with active diarrhea or persons having had active diarrhea in the past 14 days are not allowed/admitted to the pool", suffice to say we stayed away from the pool and sat outside the area on the lawn. Overall I would recommend this hotel - but disclose to any friends the issue with the pool in case that is an important feature to their vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Santa Barbara's premier 4-Diamond boutique oceanfront hotel. Centrally located to the beach, downtown shops, restaurants, museums and attractions. Enjoy all of our wonderful amenities which include heated pool and jacuzzi, Full service Spa,room service, gift shop, fitness center, coffee bar and restaurant, Eladio's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Harbor View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Harbor View Inn
- Harbor View Santa Barbara
- Harbor View Inn Santa Barbara