“Perfect stay over”

and 1 more site!
Lemon Tree Inn
Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Perfect stay over in Santa Barbara, CA! Great price! Great scenery! Clean rooms! Will definitely stay there again! Perfect poolside rooms with great view! Just minutes from Santa Barbara airport!!!!!!! The lemon trees were loaded with lemons....so perfect for the name of the hotel!!!!!!

Room Tip: Relaxing view! Poolside rooms with great view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here for three nights and were satisfied but not overly impressed--about what I would expect for $100/nt in Santa Barbara. Location is a little too far up State for walking into town so we used our car often and finding free parking downtown can be tough. Check-in was courteous, went very smoothly and was fast. We were assigned a room on the back of the property without asking (!) and where parking was easy and free and street noise was minimal. Do not stay here if you are sensitive to noise since all rooms face the pool area, walls are thin so you hear rooms and balconies next door as well as some street and parking lot noise. Monday and Tuesday night were great, Wednesday not so much. This was not a big issue mid-week in the winter when it was pretty slow and uncrowded -- I could see how staying here on a busy summer weekend could be problematic noise-wise. Although our room was very clean and comfortable (wi good queen beds) and had first rate amenities like a beautiful garden setting, a pool and jaccuzi, a balcony, flat-screen TV, iron, decent coffee wi powder creamer (?), etc. some things were done a bit on the cheapside--bath towels were thin and small (like gym towels!), no fan or windows in the bathroom (steamy), toilet and shower in same room, and the heater cycled frequently and blew directly onto one of the beds (hard to sleep there). If you are looking for a quiet intimate couples get-a-way this probably is not the best place but if you are looking for a reasonably priced spot to hang with the family this may be just the ticket!

Room Tip: I always ask for top floor back-side anywhere I stay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pinacoleggo
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are in very good condition and very clean. Quite big rooms compared to tons of other hotels in this category. Complementary bathing samples are a delight!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank abb90
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Typically when if you end up having a terrible stay at a hotel it is because you didn't pay enough for the room. However my husband paid about $450 for two nights and we felt like we stayed at motel 6. The hotel looks as if it had been renovated in the last decade with cheap and cheery paint in contemporary colors. There are a few lemon trees peppered on the grounds to substantiate the name of the place. The hotel though far for the action if downtown state street still gets a fair amount of traffics during the day and night so it is very noisy all day. Parking is convenient. The front staff treat you with indifference. We stayed in a room on the third floor where our view was part of the grass and the filtration system for the pool. The room was spacious but smelled of stale air and smoke. This place was supposed to be a non smoking facility but right outside our room on the patio was evidence of over many cigarette butts left by a chain smoker. When we went back to the room at night my asthma flared up from the smell of the smoke in the upholstery and particularly the bedding. The bathroom is very bare with one sink inside the bathroom and one outside by the entry door. The towels were thin like the free gym towels you get at the YMCA. The closet was about a foot wide with the ironing board jammed in it. There was a small safe and coffee maker which we were hesitant to try. It didn't appear clean. The bedding is modest and the mattress already worn. You can see where people had slept because the bed was indented. The walls are paper thin and the entry door lacks sound gaskets. You can see daylight coming through the room around the jambs and the sill. This also meant any noise outside whether it was road noise or inconsiderate guests are heard quite distinctly in your room and especially when you are trying to sleep. Overall the hotel is an average stay that cost way too much for what you didn't get. 2/5 stars for the hotel overall, 0/5 stars for comfort, and 4/5 for convience around town. Don't stay here if you are hoping for a romantic or relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room with only one adjoining room. Try the last room in the hall away from the elevator. Also...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ready2Depart
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Lemon Tree in Jan. We were looking for something nice but not too pricey, as we were just staying for one night. We found the Lemon Tree online and the pics looked cute, the price was right and se we booked it.
When we arrived the front staff were really nice and helpful. We arrived early, but they had our room ready and we didn't have to wait. That was good because we'd been driving all day. The room was nice and modern looking. The bathroom was a little stale in terms of style and amenities, but it was really clean so that was good. Our room opened up to a nice little patio by the pool with a little table and chairs to chill in. The only thing we were kinda tripping on was one of the walls looked like they were trying to scrub it down with cleaner and it wasn't all the way wiped off. There was a light white film that looked dried on. Weird. But everything else looked really clean and so we let it go. I didn't really care because I wasn't planning on leaning on it- it just was weird. Anyway, we went to their bar for happy hour. Drinks great. Price awesome! Staff was cool. Our bartendress was sweet.
We checked out the pool and jacuzzi on the way back to our room. Pool was heated and the jacuzzi was perfect. And just a hop away from our patio.
Was it the Four Season's? No. But it was definitely what we were looking for and expecting for the price. It had a nice little vibe. I'd for sure stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Erin S
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I thought I had lost my beloved diamond engagement ring by leaving it in my room at the Lemon Tree. The manager and staff turned the room upside down looking for it, and blocked the room from any further rentals so they could continue to look! I really appreciate how hard they looked (and felt guilty--and happy--when I found the ring misplaced in my toothbrush holder!) As to the hotel, the grounds are nice and the beds are comfortable. Hotel restaurant had a nice breakfast. We had two adjoining queen rooms which was great for a family weekend. The walls are a bit thin but I slept fine. All in all, a good place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I don't know what some of the negative reviews I've read on this hotel could possibly be about. Good heavens. This was a wonderful find. I got a last minute deal just last night direct by calling the hotel when I needed an overnight hotel quickly in Santa Barbara for a business trip. Winter rate for a king bed, large room with lovely balcony was $89. Come on. The room was not only extremely clean but a very graciously appointed room with modern furnishings. Bathroom was modern and all was fully renovated. This room in LA (where I live and travel from constantly) would easily be a winter rate of $300. The staff was superior, very helpful. The restaurant hostess was very accommodating, take out to my room food was quick and delicious. They all couldn't have been more lovely, and believe me I stay in a lot of hotels for work trips and know what good service and an excellent hotel look like. Only reason I didn't give them a perfect score is that indeed if you have a shared doorway type room (I did) you can hear noises more easily next door. It was quiet when I checked in (and had asked for a quiet room) but woke up very early to screaming young children running around next door and then out in the hallway. It is an outdoor terrace walkway to get to the rooms (beautiful gardens btw) with concrete floors and it is noisy if that is something that you just cannot tolerate. Nothing they can do about that. Luck of the draw that I got an idiot family staying next door who cannot control their children. Oh well. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone. BTW ask for the renovated section of the hotel. They seem to have not all of the rooms completely renovated yet I did discover from chatting with the front desk person as I was checking out

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated wing/rooms and try to be 2nd or 3rd floor so you are above folks and not below
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business