“beyond the current rate”
Review of Sandpiper Lodge

Sandpiper Lodge
Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 16 October 2013

we travelled through CA for 2weeks and tried many kinds of motels.this one is beyond the internet rating.clean and quiet.the staff Graeme is helpful and friendly to everybody even we checkedin late night.it was a pleasant stay if we had time we would like to stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have stayed here twice for pleasure. From the guest service to the layout of the room- it is all excellent. Front Desk Agent Graeme has exceptional guest service and is always consistent in character when assisting guests. My room was more than enjoyable. Surely it is a motel, but this lodge goes above and beyond. Everything in the room is modern! Everything works! Everything looks clean and is highly attractive in my perspective. Checkout process is easy and fast. Quick bite to eat and coffee to grab before heading off is tasteful. One thing! Because nothing and no one is perfect- the parking is free which is great, but it's super tight. And if you go out for the evening- take a cab leave your car at the motel because finding a spot in the middle of the night is hard! That's the only bummer. But that small issue- wont keep me from staying again. Like I said get Graeme to assist you- you will enjoy your room, and jump on those cheap prices! :) my boyfriend and I will definitely be here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013

After backpacking around the US for 6 weeks my boyfriend and I had our fair share of nice and not so nice accommondation.
This was one of the nice accommodations let me tell you.
Sure it isn't 4/5 star- if you want that check into the Four Seasons (only $500 ish a night...) the room was big, clean and cool. What you need in the height of summer. The pools were clean and quiet, great for relaxing around.The only downside was the breakfast, it was a bit rowdy and you have to push your way in to the toaster but it was good for a quick morning coffee and bite. The staff were friendly, the location was fine. My boyfriend and I walked the streets at night and it was fine, i felt very safe. I reccommend the Tee Off resturant over the road, the food was delish and it was cheap. Overall a great place to stay in Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: Get the bus down to the waterfront as taxis cost a fortune, and check out the Tee Off restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gemma O
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were so excited to visit beautiful Santa Barbara, but this hotel/lodge was a big disappointment. The room was not very clean and looked and smelled old. The staff was neither helpful or particularly friendly. I would not recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was originally planning to stay in Santa Barbara for a few days, but we decided to extend it a lot more. The rooms are basic and clean. Breakfast is limited, bagels, cereal, juice. We got a good rate of about 80-90$/night and we needed to spend about a couple of weeks in the area so this worked out well. The hotel is very close to places to eat, coin laundry, grocery stores, etc, so it suited our purposes. The hotel manager Shaun was very accommodating.

We returned again a couple of weeks later just for one night and the reception staff was a horror. We were checking in late on a weekend with no prior booking and he played on that.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel, lodge, inn needs some renovation and upgrading badly in all areas! We booked a room with two doubles and a king bed. The only positive thing I can say about it is that it was spacious and toiletries were nice. The room needed new EVERYTHING! The beds were hard and cardboard box feeling; linens were old (washcloths were actually frayed and towels were dingy); bathroom fixtures/tile/ toilets/sinks were outdated; dirt in corners; paint job messy; chairs stained so badly I wouldn't sit on them! We paid well over $200 for a night and it was not worth it! So glad I didn't book for any longer!!!!!!! We only had one wash cloth in a room for 4 people; we requested 3 more wash cloths and they brought us 1 and 2 hand towels! Who washes with a hand
towel?????? This was a VERY disappointing stay in beautiful Santa Barbara. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank BBontheMove
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here 1 night to break up my car journey from San Francisco to LA and be close enough to drop the car off in LA early the next morning. Nothing special, very quiet, clean, local area seemed to be quite seedy as a previous reviewer also noted. Reception staff were not interested in the slightest in recommending somewhere to eat locally so had to make do with store across road.

Room Tip: Its ok for a stopover...nothing more
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo