“Great service, lovely clean room”
Review of Sandpiper Lodge

Sandpiper Lodge
Ranked #36 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The staff at this hotel were so kind and welcoming, the best part of my stay. My room was very clean and smelled pleasant, great TV and bed, although the bathroom is dated. Dennys is just over the road, and Janenne's (great sandwiches), vices and spices, and La Cumbre plaza are all a short walk away. Breakfast could be better just by having yogurt, toast and bagels available as well as the cereal, bananas and pastries. Since I was travelling on business the provision of a laptop safe would also have been welcome and I would feel safer if chains on the room door were provided as I was travelling alone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Amanda334

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had driven from Napa Valley that day and arrived really tired. When I realized that a lodge is a motel I was really disapointed but when I went into the room I was really surprised. We had a great room, not luxurious but enough for our needs. I slept amazingly.

We had the free breakfast in our room and went for a great walk after discussing with Graeme at the front desk.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nadine R
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at Sandpiper Lodge a few weeks ago and I have to say I was impressed. The front desk staff is really friendly and had great recommendations of where to have dinner. After viewing reviews in other hotels I decided to choose this one and was not disappointed. They could use some improvement for their breakfast though. The staff told me they were planning on improving it shortly so I will definitely be coming back to check it out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Where to start with this hotel? Its not clean, uncomfortable, the service is bad, the staff are so rude no wonder its only two stars! We loved Santa Barbara but this hotel is no good. We defiantly will not be returning!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma M
Mark R, General Manager at Sandpiper Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hello I am sorry to hear about your stay . Our goal is to provide great service to all our guests. We do have many positive reviews and work hard to keep our property clean. If any thing was not up to our 3 star rating I do again say I am sorry. Please call or e-mail me and I will be happy to talk about your stay. Thank-you for taking the time to write a review. Mark A. Romasanta

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We arrived at the hotel and we were greeted by a young man on reception who really made us feel welcome,as soon as he knew we were English he asked and enjoyed chatting about cricket. the rooms were large and clean the pool was great, but at breakfast they had the best pastries it could seriously damage your health to stay there for long. It was in a good location on the main street that runs down to the shopping area and board walk ( or as we call it pier), it was walking distance to the Mall were they had a Jazz band on and we ate at a great restaurant all in all a good experience would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank avrilwiltravel
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I'm a regular at the Sandpiper, my kids live in Santa Barbara so I average about 30 nights a year there. It's clean & comfortable, walking distance to many restaurants and just a short ride downtown to lower State. The offer a free breakfast in the morning that is perfect for my needs. Best of all are the family units with a bedroom and a main room so the kids get their own room.

The staff is great. Graeme is always friendly, efficient and always finds me a room. Sean & Victor are always helpful. Most of my business travel is Doubletree but when in SB, I always end up at the Sandpiper.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is very old and needs some upgrading. The rooms were as clean as they can get when the accommodations are old. The front counter staff is friendly and curtious. It is located close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family