“Very comfortable”

Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Sacramento
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for my birthday for two days. The staff here were very accommodating. Rooms are equipped with refrigerator and microwave. My only complaint is that it is some distance from beaches and downtown. There was also some renovation still going on but was not disturbing.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MissTaurus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 May 2014

the place was nothing special, but the kids enjoyed the pool! it was next to the motel 6 and we had some noise when we opened the window. we stayed one night and had the simple breakfast. we also saw construction.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hilary D
Munich
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed for one night in Santa Barbara arriving late and leaving early. The room was worth its price, clean and equipped with everything necessary. The safe had no lock. Staff was very nice, reception printed our tickets for the Getty villa without hesitation. Breakfast was not too much but free. A number of eating places around. For the State Street shopping district you need the car. But parking is easy (clear signs) and cheap.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank resres
Maine
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here with a friend for one night. The location was easy to find it's in a neighborhood with a lot around it. The beds were comfortable and the shower was decent too. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast wasn't much, but considering it was free, I was happy with what we got! They were doing some construction work, but it didn't really bother us. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevators, so I would suggest a room on the first floor if you have a lot of bags.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Montauroux, France
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Chosen on the basis of TA reports, our room (King bed) was large, comfy and clean. Complete with tea/coffee facilities (many hotels/motels in the US providing for coffee only), plus a safe (without instructions for use and this was unlike any I've seen before!), iron and board, microwave and fridge, none of which we used, but I can appreciate their value.
Good wifi and plenty of places to spread out our things.
This is a motel-style hotel, with the rooms arranged around a central parking area. Being on the second floor, we were disturbed by the late (after 10 p.m.) arrival of a coachload - I assume, there being so many - of guests. Our room was at the top of the concrete stairs to our level, and loud chatter and the rumblings of wheeled suitcases on the concrete walkway had me worried for our night's sleep ... Luckily, things quietened down, but I was woken again by the rumble of wheeled suitcases on the concrete early in the morning.
Breakfast: I had a premonition when I saw, in the reception area, the small buffet area with only 4 tables (considering the number of rooms in the hotel). And then to be informed that breakfast could be taken there (in reception) or taken back to our room, confirmed the inadequacy of the arrangements. However, construction work was in hand while we were there to build a separate breakfast area, which will be a huge improvement, I'm sure. Perhaps they will also provide a wider choice, too, the current pastries only (no bread, butter, jams, ...) being barely adequate.
And please please please get rid of the plastic "cutlery", paper plates and Styrofoam cups, my pet hate (is it just me?) and so out of keeping with the quality of the rest of the hotel prestations.
There are many hotels in this area, but I would recommend this one on the strength of the room we had. Hopefully the current work will also improve the overall impression.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Newark, California
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a twin queen bed room. Condition of the room was quite nice however walls are a bit thin and construction is still going on. If you want truly free wifi for any devices you may have, this is the place for that. Its about 4 miles from the main or downtown part of State Street so a rental car or mass transit is needed. The prices are good though and we felt that they met our needs for free morning breakfast, decent access, and staff was nice. I would recommend and stay there again after the construction stops.

Room Tip: Don't forget if you stay here, its about 4 miles to the downtown and pier. Stay at the back of t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hotels in Santa Barbara are overpriced, so the options are limited if you don't want to pay ridiculous prices. This place is ok for a short stay. The rooms are old and need to be updated; the bathroom walls were rather gross with all the dirt on them. The wireless is not good at all --- they have a bunch of access points, all of which must be located in the same far away location, as they were all giving me a "fair" connection on my laptop that kept dropping and disconnecting me. (Those with an iPad probably wouldn't be able to connect at all if they were in the same area of the hotel I was.) The pillows are hard and mattresses are old; you can almost feel the springs as you move around, so I found it hard to sleep well. It appears they're remodeling the public areas of the hotel --- or maybe the exterior. I'd suggest updating the rooms instead --- starting with the pillow and mattresses.

The maid service was also rather strange. My first day there, the maid replaced all my used towels, except for the washcloths; she took away the used ones, but didn't give me any new washcloths. Then on day two, she did the same, leaving me with no washcloths --- but did, in fact, replace every other type of towel, including the bathmats. Maybe there was a washcloth shortage.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the first floor. All rooms are directly by the parking lot.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo