Everybody in Santa Barbara wants to be on State Street, and the Sandpiper Lodge, a tidy older property, is on State Street — though far away from the sights most folks would come to Santa Barbara to see. (That said: the location makes for a much quieter stay than you’d ever have in the nightclub district.)
The helpful staff upgraded us to a spacious suite, with a full kitchen, a living room, and a bedroom. Photos on the site depict crisp-looking rooms with modern designer colors, but our suite was firmly entrenched in the peach, turquoise, and golden tones of the early 1980′s. Even so, our room was immaculate and comfortable.
We enjoyed the space ... and the peace and quiet. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are visiting Santa Barbara for business or pleasure, we invite you to enjoy the three-diamond amenities and services of the Sandpiper Lodge on Upper State Street. From our prime location on upper State Street, you are poised to experience all that one of California's premier destinations has to offer-beaches, gardens, museums, historical sites, dining, shopping, and entertainment. With well-appointed rooms and suites and a heated pool and spa, the Sandpiper Lodge offers ideal accommodations for budget-minded travelers desiring a degree of sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandpiper Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Motel Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Inn Santa Barbara